Getting a German email address

I want to get a .de address

SteveV
in the UK I know a load of places to get a .co.uk address but need one for germany with a .de, are there similar companies here I can use?

Any recomendations. I don't want webspace just the email address and I presume a domain name registration.
robinson100
It must be possible over gmx.de - both Shorty and myself have addresses there.
Not too sure how to go about it, as Mr R100 set us up, but if you check out the website, I´m sure you can find out!
MadisonCouch
I think it must be possible with
yahoo.de

Just enter yahoo.de and start a yahoo adress.

I have got a yahoo.de adress, why shouldn´t you be able to do the same?

Feel free to ask me for further help and good luck to you!
kato
I guess you're looking for a provider like 1&1?
AncientBrit
You could try Web.de Freemail
I wouldn't recommend -or use- any other Web.de products, but the free email offering filled the bill for me before I'd properly settled down in the Fatherland
gaberlunzi
web.de works just fine in Canada too. I have a correspondent only 30 miles from here using it.
ChussKeDweele
If you are looking into registering a .DE domain name for emailing purposes and not using a freemail service like gmx.de or web.de, you have a couple of options:

1. Register a domain name with your favourite registration service, and then pay the same or another company to host it (as long as they have the appropriate tools and apps. I'd go for GoDaddy.com. A .de domain with them goes for about 14€/year (.com et al go for half) and their cheapest hosting for almost 4€/month.

2. Find a free hosting service. I have had good experiences with Google Apps. You register the domain name through them (they will do the paperwork for you with GoDaddy or someone else automatically) and they will host it for free, as long as you picked the Standard Edition. Then, you can use all their services instantly (websites, calendar, etc.) or just stick to email, which is based on the Gmail platform. This can be set up in under 5 minutes flat and all you are paying for is the yearly domain name registration fee (again aprox. 14€/year for a .de).
pog451
in the UK I know a load of places to get a .co.uk address but need one for germany with a .de, are there similar companies here I can use?

Any recomendations. I don't want webspace just the email address and I presume a domain name registration.
As other have said, you can use one of the standard webmail prviders - I use GMX, which has the advantage of being easy to type. You then end up with forename.surname@gmx.de plus one other "@gmx.de". They have what they call "fun domains" too - I have a mail address that ends in "@vorsicht-bissig.de" and another one I used to use in USENET (and for dodgy registrations) with "@nurfuerspam.de". Ive always been very pleased with them - Spam filters are good and even the free versioon gives you pelnty of space. You can also register your own domain with them including a 1GB website (10GB traffic) and 50 mail adresses for 3,99 a month.
Punatick
Google.de, Yahoo.de, GMX.de
YorkshireLad6
Strato offer single .de domain registration and forwarding of one email address for a one-time fee of €6.90 then €0.49/month (i.e under €6/year) and currently give you the first year for free...
ukpunk1
t-online.de
itv5
You could use an ARCOR (Vodafone) address. http://www.arcor.de/register/reg_01a.jsp

it gives you email (arcor.de domain), web space, 3 free sms per month...

But if you want an individual domain name - see above.

(you have to enter any German post address for registration)

---
http://irl-forum.bb24.biz/?Toytown-mail
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.