Kleinanzeigen on eBay: An easier eBay system? - Germany

Share your experiences with this service

Pages: 1 2

Pas
Somebody once mentioned this on another thread and I ignored it as I didn't know what they meant.

Has anybody used this service? If I understand it right it's more like the for sale notes in the supermarket? There's no fee and you just deal with the person one to one with cash? Is this right?

http://pages.ebay.de/kleinanzeigen/
Orla_inka
I have found a couple of items on it. I have also put in a couple of ads. The great thing is you can put up photos of what you are selling.

It looks like a good thing. Although I cannot imagine it being free forever.

Oh and I only discovered it through that thread.
botvot
I used to use Quoka.de and found a few things. Then Quoka was bought by eBay Kleinanzeige. I think you can still type in quoka and it gets rerouted automatically.

So yes, have used it with success - great for second hand furniture.
Duckworth–Lewis
I used to buy things at www.kijiji.de . This website was good as i used to live in a very small town and in ebay many "for pickup only" articles never used to be available in my region. A few weeks back i noticed that the website has been bought by ebay. Type in the mentioned website and it gets rerouted to ebay Kleinanzeige automatically. I think ebay is doing today what coca-cola did many years ago, select a country and either buy or destroy all small competitors.
kati
I also used kurz&fündig which then merged into quoka. The add is free with the buyer paying a small amount to get the contact details. Lots of adds on this one. It doesn not (yet) link to ebay.
Justanne
I used to look for things on Zweite Hand online, which now reroutes to Quoka, which is, per above, now ebay, minus any kind of guarantees, not that the latter were especially reliable in the first place. Right, you're just dealing with people directly. Definitely don't pay cash until you pick up your item. I've been trying to find a cat, but the people keep giving them away before I can actually make it over to their places for our agreed-upon appointment. Oh, and they don't call to cancel. So make sure you call again before going out of your way to pick something up... It's very much "first-come, first-served."
Orla_inka
I placed an ad looking for a particular brand of crockery for a pal who had mentioned that he was looking for it.

Yesterday I got an email from somebody in Switzerland who had seen the ad and had quite a number of pieces.

It didn't take much time to set up, but the joy of it being successful is brill.

I love the internet!!!
Pas
Now I is confused.

I thought it was for local items?
asd
I like the fact that they warn potential sellers, "Emails auf Englisch stammen oft von Betrügern".

No wonder I never receive any responses to my emails.
JeffZ
Excellent post, asd.

For those of you who don't speak German, the warning from them (kijiji Germany) is e-mails in English often come from scammers.

So don't bother with Kleinanzeigen on eBay.
Pas
For those of you who don't speak German, the warning from them (kijiji Germany) is e-mails in English often come from scammers.
Perhaps it would be better to say e-mails in badly written English often come from scammers cos you can see the same thing on here...
Orla_inka
I thought it was for local items?

It is Germany wide
. I have actually saved my page - looking for nothing in particular (blank) but about 20km from my area. I click onto it every so often and scroll down to the last item I had seen (a wee bit like "new posts" in TT)
Attached image

Yesterday, I got a really nice little cupboard that somebody was giving away for free.
JeffZ
Perhaps it would be better to say e-mails in badly written English often come from scammers cos you can see the same thing on here...
Yeah, but we can tell the difference - many (if not most) Germans can't. Also: their warning, not mine.
PES
JeffZ
Oh, is that what that was? Haven't booted the irony meter yet this morning...
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.