Sparkasse Girokonto online account - Germany

How to check it?

Pages: 1 2

MattSid
I would know if there's a way for check mine bank account status online, because the Sparkasse website is only in german I'm a bit afraid to give try. Someone already expert can give me some clues?
LeonG
You go to their website and click on "anmelden". You put in your account number and the start pin they gave you. If I remember correctly, you will have to change that. You might also need the list of tan numbers before you can log in for the first time.

If you manage to log in, you will see your account balance on the screen. If you want to see transactions, you can click on the 2nd button behind the balance, the one that looks like it has lines on it.

Maybe you should get somebody German to help you. You might even go to the bank and ask them if they can help you set it up.
westvan
Maybe you should get somebody German to help you. You might even go to the bank and ask them if they can help you set it up.
Good idea. Depending on the bank, internet banking often needs to be "freigeschaltet" if you haven't already arranged it when you opened the account.
MattSid
Maybe I'm dumb but I can't see any "anmelden" here http://www.sparkasse.de/index.html
westvan
Way over on the right hand side there's a "zum Online Banking" thing that you can click on. It takes you to a window where you have to put in your postal code to get the right bank. Once you've done that, click on "speichern"(save). Now you'll see the name of your bank branch on the right hand side and under that the "Zum Online Banking" again. Click on that and it will take you to the Anmeldung page where you have to enter your account number and PIN. Once the bank is saved you'll be directed to that page every time you click online banking-
MattSid
Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I'm on the logon screen, I just typed the konto number and the pin, but it says that's incorrect cause "Bitte geben Sie Ihre fünfstellige PIN vollständig ein", but mine pin it's composed only by 4 numbers
j-in-bayern
Does anyone have experience in making an international wire transfer from a sparkasse account? I dont see a way to do it on the website.
westvan
"Bitte geben Sie Ihre fünfstellige PIN vollständig ein", but mine pin it's composed only by 4 numbers
I don't know how the Sparkasse works, but you probably need a special PIN for online banking and will have to go the bank to arrange it. I'm at the Volksbank and my ATM PIN is 4 numbers but my internet banking PIN is 5 and it's composed of letters and numbers. The bank gives you one and then you can change it anything you want.

So it looks like you're probably not "freigeschaltet" yet.
LeonG
At the Sparkasse, the online banking pin is 5 digits. When you tell them you want to use the online banking, they will mail you a start pin which you have to change later and a list of TAN numbers, security codes you have to key in every time you make a transaction.

To make a wire transfer in Sparkasse online banking, click on the 3rd button after the account balance, looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it and says überweisung if you move the mouse over it. When you click on it, you will get the options "inland", "EU" and "SEPA". I am not sure what is the difference between EU and SEPA. They both seem to be EU and EEA only. If you need a country outside the EU, you should probably ask at the Sparkasse how to do that. Maybe you can't do that online.
j-in-bayern
ok thanks. I will just go in there and ask them.
pappnase
inland= germany
EU= OLD system for european transfers. Sometimes more expensive than a local transfer.
Sepa New european transfer system, required by law to cost the same as a domestic transfer.
MattSid
LeonG did you know how I could gain this 5 digit pin number?
YorkshireLad6
If you have not done it already you need to visit your bank branch and ask them to enable your account for online banking. You'll have to sign a number of papers. They will then send you a 5-digit PIN (different to the 4-digit PIN you may have received for your EC-Card) and ) and in a separate mail a list of 100 TANs (Transaction Authorisation Numbers) you will need a number from this list for every transaction you make online.
LeonG
YorkshireLad is right. You have to tell the bank that you want to use your online banking. They will then give you loads of papers to read and in time they will mail you a start pin which you have to change later and a list of TAN codes you will have to key in for added security if you want to transfer some money.
YorkshireLad6
erm... isn't that exactly what I said?
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.