Could a kung fu master beat a lion in a fight?

Only serious answers please, this is important

Pages: 1 2 3 4

topcat 1
I am a black belt in Kung Fu, Karate and Irish dancing but the only bear I have tackled is a gummi bear: I do get myself into some sticky situations now and again

Done a few lion bars in my time too..
meckle
Well its seems like if you manage to take the lion, you then need to deal with the scavengers:

http://www.dnaindia.com/oddnews/report_he-killed-lion-only-to-die-in-hyena-attack_1134352

Note thou - this guy was a sheperd not a kungfu master.

Anyhow on the offchance you are serious otto - NO you cannot fight a lie it will eat you!!!
Jimbo
How do we know he fought the lion for half an hour? Did somebody else watch and not help? I call bullshit on that story. Besides, I'd have teamed up with the lion and whipped the hyenas man...
meckle
Presumably he told the doctors/nurses/cops when he was in hospital before he died? Oder? (hahaha....oder... )

haha yeah good plan thou. He should have taken the thorn from the lion's paw and the two of them had some nice hyeana stew that evening
meckle
Is it cheating to use a stick?
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/10/man-kills-bear/

once again otto - don't do it you will die if you attack a bear with a stick!
Jimbo
Perhaps a bunch of hyenas kicked the shit out of him, and out of shame, shortly before dying, claimed he'd taken a lion and then got jumped by a pack of hyenas. Let's face it, we'd all do it...
kent
A kung-fu artist doesnt stand a chance against a lion or gorilla or even a angry cow.

there is an art form called the "BREATH OF DEATH" an ancient and mysterious martial art. it has another name in hindi but i wont tell you its not to be toyed with.
dengegg
In China, there is a famous ancient novel, tell about a kung-Fu master killed a female tiger with his bare hands. If the story was really true. Compare with a tiger and a lion, the size and weight might be similar. But the concerns are, firstly by story the Kung-Fu master was drunken that time, he confused this female tiger as only a big cat, secondly I truly believe alcohol can sometimes bring extra confidence to people, people is willing to try something they barely dare to do when they were clear, thirdly it was only a story, there was almost no second story I heard in Chinese history, someone killed or successfully beat a wild tiger. If you are going to challenge yourself with a lion, start from a baby lion or zoo lion, and don't forget record this video and upload it in YouTube. Make a title such as 'Western Wu Song beat lion by hand' (Wu Song was the name of that ancient Chinese whom I mentioned above). Good luck.
meckle
not to be toyed with.
Hindi?

In China, there is a famous ancient novel, tell about a kung-Fu master killed a female tiger with his bare hands. If the story was really true. Compare with a tiger and a lion, the size and weight might be similar. But the concerns are, firstly by story the Kung-Fu master was drunken that time, he confused this female tiger as only a big cat, secondly I truly believe alcohol can sometimes bring extra confidence to people, people is willing to try something they barely dare to do when they were clear, thirdly it was only a story, there was almost no second story I heard in Chinese history, someone killed or successfully beat a wild tiger. If you are going to challenge yourself with a lion, start from a baby lion or zoo lion, and don't forget record this video and upload it in YouTube. Make a title such as 'Western Wu Song beat lion by hand' (Wu Song was the name of that ancient Chinese whom I mentioned above). Good luck.
Yeah.
There was once this knight. He had his arm chopped off. But he wasn't done for. He found heart and responed with "Tis just a flesh wound. Come back here I'll bite your legs off!!"
rjurban101
I often went trout fishing in Colorado and, of course, enjoyed the odd spliff or two whilst hiking to the river. Well, I know mountain lions aren't real lions but after a few tokes on some colorado kind, I found myself paranoid that one of those bastards would pounce on me from behind the next big ass rock. But, it was ok because I had truly convinced myself that I could take him if he did...luckily, and obviously (because I'm still here to write this), I never had to find out if I was kidding myself!
tech71
Is it cheating to use a stick?
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/10/man-kills-bear/

once again otto - don't do it you will die if you attack a bear with a stick!
Phfft! Thats a Black Bear. Black Bears are the wussies of Bear world.
Steven192
Bears? They're easy.

DrunkenMaster
I can confirm that this story is absolutely true!
RainKing
This is a trick question. A Kung Fu master is only one who could never beat a lion. The only proven way to defeat a lion is with a wooden kitchen chair (see pic. A). Anyone can do this, except a kung fu master who could never resist the urge to show off and shatter a wooden chair with a Forehead of Death move, thus leaving himself open to the lion and his own Eating of Death move.

Attached image
Jimbo
So can I - I just asked my Chinese P.A., who now thinks I'm mental. I'm not convinced about the video of a man fighting a bear tho...
Pages: 1 2 3 4
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.