Primark opens in Frankfurt Nordwestzentrum

Irish-British fashion store opens 26.Nov.2009

Purple Muffin
For those who may be interested Primark will be opening it's second German store in just a few weeks at the Nordwestzentrum.

I know Primark have had a lot of bad press, I have never really shopped there myself and not quite sure how I feel about them and the idea of throw away fashion. However I am willing to go and check it out. My Mum always swears by them for essentials such as tights and socks.

More information can be found on the website of the =55&cHash=dbf3df8a7c"]Nordwestzentrum
chickenmadras
They are great for socks and cheap T shirts for on holiday. Similar concept to Matalan but are on the High Street rather than out-of-town.
Zizy
My Mum shops in the UK ones too and she loves it! She bought my daughter some things from there, and they're actually quite nice and good quality.
LoveFrankfurt
The best news I have heard all year! I hope it has as big of a range as the ones in England!
swimmer
From what I remember, Primark is quite highly regarded, in the UK at least, don't remember it having a bad press. The opposite. People absolutely flock there and it has loads of customers (just like the OP's mum) who give it great word of mouth. Moreover, in a recent UK survey it also came out near the top of store chains in terms of ethical treatment of suppliers (and far higher than the usual suspects who trade off their "ethics", such as John Lewis).

A lot of the other European fashion stroes have bedded in well here (Zara, H&M etc) and so no reason for this one not to,
Small Town Boy
Oh it's highly regarded alright. But that doesn't stop it being shit. They represent the epitome of the throw-away society; buy a cheap item of clothing, wear it a few times, then throw it away and buy something new. Repeat until the end of the world.
Purple Muffin
From what I remember, Primark is quite highly regarded, in the UK at least, don't remember it having a bad press. The opposite.
They received an enormous slating last year when Panorama did a feature on them. Have a look here. Initially it put me off but after reading their statements I am willing to go in with an open mind.

Yes they do epitomise throw away fashion which I personally am not a fan of. But tights have to be thrown away after a couple of uses so I am willing to give them a go.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.