What attracts us to people?

Important attributes when seeking a partner

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Rania
Are we attracted to people like ourselves or to opposites? Some people say we are attracted to people who unconsciously remind us of our parents. Lots of theories out there written by shrinks.
Who know's? This is what I like:
1st there needs to be attraction even if the person is not attractive cause that is subjective too. 2nd is personality. Then comes the rest.
pepper
Honestly people will say everything else, really its always going to be looks that makes us talk to that person in the first place !
Owain Glyndwr
not that simpe, me thinks. The "attraction" can be a mixture of many or all points you have listed. The "weighting" of each point being subjective and personal.
Kza
Their "Gender" is probably the first thing I go for. Secondly, make sure they arent a TTer. Only thirdly does a category on your list come into it: Looks.
Rania
Right. But looks are also subjective. I get attracted to guys that others may find not good looking. I don't like guys who are too good looking cause I don't want anyone stuck on their looks. Gets on my nerves.
mightypies
too right. i'm sure roseanne barr has a funny personality, but who's attracted to her?
parnell
Their "species" is probably the first thing I go for.
Kza
@parnell Shit talk about discrimination!
jeremy
Some people say we are attracted to people who unconsciously remind us of our parents. Lots of theories out there written by shrinks
First off it has to be the looks.

But if the relationship is to succeed then the parent theory can play a factor. Both my wife's and my parents are very similar.
judders
There is a large correlation between our own appearance and that of our partners. In recent surveys from a Highly acclaimed publisher (Hello magazine. My mom buys it ) they edited images of celebrity couples cutting each one in half and combining them to make a combination of the two. It was really freaky how good some of these new faces looked. Although this was for a bit of fun I think there is an obvious link between the way we look and the way our partners appear.
Owain Glyndwr
Although this was for a bit of fun I think there is an obvious link between the way we look and the way our partners appear.
maybe for superficial "looks are everything" showbiz types, maybe. But if you cut me and Mrs Glyndwr in half and stuck us together, you would get one lopsided blob with one big tit.
Trig
i read Hello magazine once.

What attracts us to people... personality... looks... money... fit friends... promotion... sex, lots of... and a good old house cleaner that can make slap up meals every night!
parnell
@parnell Shit talk about discrimination!
I've always been a picky maing ... u kno that.
Bubble Gum
Looks comes first because that is the first thing you see about a person. And then comes personality etc.
eurovol
Looks may take you inside their door, but their personality will decide if you want to stay or not. NOTE: Sex may delay your departure, but not for long.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.