Arbeitsamt online service for jobseekers - Munich

Munich employment office

Malcolm Spudbury
Just received this info from the late Noddy:

you may know that the Arbeitsamt today launched a new online service for people to find jobs through them. It can be found at http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/

At least it should be, but it seems to have broken under the strain. Perhaps they should have got software developers to make the website instead of out of work brickies and bakers.
jeremy
Late?

Ias this guy dead?
Malcolm Spudbury
Late of this forum, not late of this world. I'm afraid my super-powers don't include receiving messages from beyond the grave. But I'm working on it.
UrbanAngel
My Google skillz are poor today - can anyone find the official website for the Arbeitsamt on Kapuzinerstr? I need info like opening hours, services available, a list of what docs you should take with you, how the dole procedure works etc. The above site looks like it's just for those looking for jobs. Thanks!
EDIT: I found some info here: http://arbeitslosengeld2.arbeitsagentur.de/index2.php but if anyone can find anything else, I'd be most grateful!
tom_a
This link gives you their opening hours:

http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/vam/vamContro...3&ls=false&ut=0
UrbanAngel
More info here on the town hall website: http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/soz/03a_arge/99990/index.html
UrbanAngel
Aha, perfect Tom_A! I thought it was called the Arbeitsamt, so was searching for that everywhere, and didn't realise that the Agentur fuer Arbeit was its official name.

Agentur für Arbeit München
Kapuzinerstraße 26
80337 München

Unsere Öffnungszeiten:

Montag: 07.30 Uhr bis 12.00 Uhr
Dienstag, Mittwoch und Freitag: 07.30 bis 12.00 Uhr
Donnerstag: 07.30 Uhr bis 18.00 Uhr

Unsere E-Mailadresse: Muenchen@arbeitsagentur.de
Gen
UA, that's the site you were looking at and LINKED TO in your first post here! Wake up!
UrbanAngel
Yes Gen, I know. As I said, that website looked like some other authority/organisation, and didn't say Arbeitsamt anywhere, neither did I find the contact info which he posted. I only found opening hours for some kind of information line, which wasn't what I was looking for. Hence my plea for help.
Saz
Don't know why they publish their email address though.
Send them an email about 2 weeks ago, but never got a response. Even the guys at the KVR only take 4 days to reply to mails...
(Sorry 'bout the rant. Bit cheesed off with these guys...)
Dame Edna
They changed their name - use more taxpayers money for new letterhead.

WARNING - if you are on a fixed contract (with an end date) and maybe in the distant future (read 3 months) you may not get a contract extension then you MUST register yourself as Arbeitsuchend (looking for work) 3 MONTHs before you run out of work OR you will wait 3 MONTHS before you get the full dole. Of course, they will not tell you this, nor will your HR department, because they are all and I quote "überfordert" (overwhelmed) at the moment. It seems that the duty of care for providing such information to the average joe blo is on good old joe...

So remember you can be "looking for work" or "unemployed" and both states of existance must be registered at the Agentur für Arbeit.

Oh and if you want to appeal any of their deadhead decisions the standard reponse time is 3 months (remember they are overwhelmed) ...so make sure you have legal insurance and savings.
UrbanAngel
I presume that the 3 months you mentioned doesn't apply to those made redundant? i.e. in the contract it says 2 months' notice, so it was impossible to know 3 months in advance.
Dame Edna
No, it only refers to those with fixed contracts, signed up front with an end date. However, if you are being made redundant, then get down there quick smart and register. This does not mean that you will necessarily be unemployed but you need to be there "on time". That used to be 2 months (if you knew that early) I still believe that they have "negative policy" of not informing proactively, and thereby reducing payments. "Not Knowing" doesn't seem to fly with them.
UrbanAngel
Don't know why they publish their email address though.
Send them an email about 2 weeks ago, but never got a response. Even the guys at the KVR only take 4 days to reply to mails...
(Sorry 'bout the rant. Bit cheesed off with these guys...)
I wrote to them 2 days ago and just got an answer from them. Maybe you should try sending another e-mail? Or was yours in English?
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.