What to serve with smoked salmon

I'm in need of inspiration

Pages: 1 2

alimess
I usually have smoked salmon with potatoe rostis but I would like to try something different. So what do you have with your salmon?
Owain Glyndwr
lemon juice and pumpernickel bread. perhaps a dash of horseradish. I've also had for breakfast with an omelette.
Derekbeggs
Last week Mrs B made curried bulgar wheat with smoked salmon.
Delicious
redlawrey
Cooked with a bit of creme fraiche, white wine and dill and served with pasta

Or goes well in a quiche with a bit of (green!) asparagus

Wizzed up with a bit of cream cheese for a quick pate
MichelleW
I tried this last week... was great!

Creamy salmon linguine recipe

Serving instructions

1. Serves 2|
2. Ready in 15 minutes |

Ingredients

1. 180g linguine
2. 1 tbsp olive oil
3. 1 small onion
4. 130ml crème fraîche
5. 1 tbsp horseradish
6. 1 lemon
7. 1 heaped tbsp capers
8. 140g smoked salmon
9. A handful of baby spinach leaves

Method

1. 1. Cook 180g linguine in a large pan of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, until al dente. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and sweat 1 small onion, finely chopped, for 10 minutes, until softened.
2. 2. Add 130ml crème fraîche, 1 tbsp horseradish and the zest of 1 lemon. Simmer for 3 minutes, adding a splash of water if you need to. Stir through 1 heaped tbsp capers, rinsed, 140g smoked salmon, torn into bite-size pieces, and a good handful baby spinach leaves. Season with cracked black pepper.
3. 3. Drain the pasta, then toss it through the sauce, pile onto plates and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Mia
You could do potato pancakes and a poached egg; or stir the salmon into a fritatta or shirred eggs.
I second the green asparagus idea. You could grill the asparagus and then make a tarragon mayonnaise to go with it.
don_riina
Line a small mould with some smoked salmon, then fill with a langoustine mousse. Set in the fridge, then upturn it onto a plate, top with a small spoon of caviar, and a soft boiled quail egg that has been sprinkled lightly on top with some cayenne pepper. Pipette some buerre noissette around the outside of the plate,add a chervil leaf to each pipetted blob of butter, and serve.
mlovett
I prefer fresh salmon (grilled)... served with tagliatelle pasta in a light lemon/ asparagus sauce is nice.
hellfire99
Salmon and chips.

Attached image
llees
I wish it were possible to rent the Don to cook for me occasionally.

I'd have it with tagliatelle and a cream sauce with lemon and dill or else taking the place of the bacon in eggs benedict. I lack imagination.
Janx Spirit
Salmon is also pretty yummy when done in a white wine and cream sauce with fresh lime juice and zest.
Chinook
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict- pork free and delicious.
The usual English muffins and Hollandaise, and a sprig of fresh dill to top it off.
mj davey
Salmon on Toast with Dill Sauce.. Cut into small finger sized squares for buffet, Serve with prosecco for breakfast, or a starter for dinner...
westvan
I usually have smoked salmon with potatoe rostis but I would like to try something different. So what do you have with your salmon?
Bagels, cream cheese, capers, sliced red onion.
Lissy
I made this for some friends a while ago and they loved it. It's a bit potchy, but great as a starter or a light meal
Herby pancakes with smoked salmon and creme fraiche. - adapted slightly for German ingredients. Self raising flour would be better

200 g fl
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
300ml milk
pot creme fraiche
mixed fresh herbs - i.e parsley, chives, dill whatever you happen to get/have
drop of lemon juice, about 1 tablespoon
s + p

mix the flour. baking powder beaten eggs and salt and pepper with a handfull of fresh herbs either using a spoon taking care to get rid of any lumps or and electric whisk
Mix creme fraiche with rest of herbs and squeeze of lemon juice - salt and pepper to taste

make the pancakes by heating a drop of oil or small knob of butter in a non stick frying pan. Add the pancake mixture one desertspoon at a time. Depending on the size of the pan you can probably make about three at once. When bubbles start to appear flip over.

serve pancakes on a bed of lettuce, with a dollop of creme fraiche and the salmon on the top.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.