Cheapest travel options from Stuttgart to Berlin

How to do this journey without breaking the bank

anto01
Hey folks, I know similar questions have been asked before and I am aware that there are few bus companies operating inter-city routes in Germany. I have to get to Berlin on 13/03/09 - I need to be there about 4pm - leaving again on Sunday - at the moment there is still no suitable mitfahrgelegenheit, the train costs a fortune...€126 for the ICE ...each way! YIKES! ...by taking regional trains it takes all day - 11hrs and still will cost €160 return...hmm, I am going for a stag night so trying to budget myself for the weekend is tough with cost of getting there so high...anyone privy to any other option, any bus company that operates under the radar so to speak??....and yes I have checked cheap flights and there is nothing suitable either.
JRD
lufthansa, arriving 13:00 on 13th, leaving 11:50 15th 98€
Deccie
Germanwings also fly from Stuttgart to Schoenefeld, 2-4 flights per day. Prices vary though...
anto01
Cheers lads! Checking them out now...
jonnymayo
Flying is generally less expensive than Die bahn (when you get a normal to good price).
well every trip I have wanted to take its being cheaper driving or flying.
crazy I know. plus you don't have to spend 1000 hrs on a Train.
GET IT TOGETHER DEUTSCHE BAHN.

Could try also the mitfahrzentral (if i spelt that correctly), its a service/website where people post where they
are driving to and ask for people to drive with them and share the petrol cost or what ever the discussed price is.
Small Town Boy
I think your train prices are a bit wonky; I got €109 in first class for the outward leg and €59 for the return in second class. Fri-Sun is always expensive; a midweek return on the train would cost €58.
anto01
...Im pretty sure the train prices were correct - I will try again...thanks for the website
Grege
http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/ and you usually meet cool people and its enviironmentally friendly...just remember if you are tall small cars wont be the best
kato
Use earlier ICEs to Berlin on friday - all trains going from Stuttgart in the morning (arriving around 11 am to 1 pm) still have 59 Euro Specials open.
For the return trip, take regional trains and a SWT ticket for 37 Euro on sunday.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.