Watching Germany's Next Top Model from abroad

How to view this TV show from outside Germany

turasteanga
Okay, try not to hammer me with insults over this one but when I was in Germany last year I enjoyed, yes, I'm not afraid to say it, I enjoyed watching Germany's Next Top Model. As a person trying to learn German, it was a good chance to sit down and listen to fluent German speakers from all over and to hear different accents, see some pretty clothes and some pretty bizarre situations etc. Light entertainment, lets say.

Am now back home and unable to watch this program, which just aired last night on ProSieben. Has anyone figured out a way to watch German stations, such as ProSieben, outside of Germany? How do I do it... we have no satellite, just a wee aerial as we just wouldn't use the many stations offered by Sky etc.

I am in Ireland by the way...so I don't know whether solutions offered for the UK will work here...but willing to try If there are any solutions...
Keydeck
Germanys next top model outside of Germany, How do I watch it...
This should be fun.

Okay, try not to hammer me with insults over this one
Feck.

You can probably pick most of them up on YouTube.
Timmeh
Download by P2P or use Zattoo with a German proxy
turasteanga
Ha! I see what you mean...well that is certainly better than nothing. Cheers for that and for exercising restraint on insults too...muchos obligos

If there is any other options I'd be interested...I do miss Das Perfekte Promi Dinner too... although maybe that's on you-tube too...although maybe not!

I'm moving back to Germany just for the tv I miss those funny Germans...
turasteanga
Download by P2P or use Zattoo with a German proxy
Thank you I shall hand that one over to my technical other half...how does one get a German proxy outside of Germany? Well, if I had a German proxy, I could just watch the show online on ProSieben couldn't I? They make the full episode available to watch online every week...but if you are outside of Germany, you can't watch it. Would a German proxy solve that?

Again, thank you for lack of insults.
exquitius
Don't know if it works from outside germany but you can watch videos and download podcasts of this quality programme from the pro7 website from here in Munich!!!
(next week is the munich casting for the model show so will probably be worth watching)

For videos:
http://www.prosieben.de/video/view/363/sen...s-next-topmodel

For podcasts:
http://www.prosieben.de/service/rss/podcasts/

If you want other stuff to improve your german, then Pro7 also do other video podcasts of their shows like Galileo, and RTL has explosiv and a few other trashy shows. All can be downloaded through iTunes which is handy.
HellesAngel
Cheers for that and for exercising restraint on insults too...muchos obligos ...
Veeery veeery difficult, must restrain...
kato
Dublin doesn't get Astra 19.2 East? SES Astra still shows most of Ireland in the 60cm dish zone. Get a dish.
turasteanga
Don't know if it works from outside germany but you can watch videos and download podcasts of this quality programme from the pro7 website from here in Munich!!!
(next week is the munich casting for the model show so will probably be worth watching)

For videos:
http://www.prosieben.de/video/view/363/sen...s-next-topmodel

For podcasts:
http://www.prosieben.de/service/rss/podcasts/

If you want other stuff to improve your german, then Pro7 also do other video podcasts of their shows like Galileo, and RTL has explosiv and a few other trashy shows. All can be downloaded through iTunes which is handy.
Quality programme I like it! Yup, I can't watch the full video available on the ProSieben website, more's the pity. But will look into video podcasts on itunes. Thanks for that.

@ Kato We have a dish but no ladder! Dish is probably rusted to nothing by now and would have to be an eyesore on the front of the house as we have no chimney to attach it to...they cut a few corners here when building our house

Sorry for any discomfort caused by restraining of insults...I know some of you are hurting inside!
exquitius
Quality programme I like it! Yup, I can't watch the full video available on the ProSieben website, more's the pity...
If its any consolation, the full programme all in one doesnt work for me either.
Theres a clatter of links to the various bits of the programme on the side of the page though.
Timmeh
how does one get a German proxy outside of Germany?
http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-10.htm
Well, if I had a German proxy, I could just watch the show online on ProSieben couldn't I? They make the full episode available to watch online every week...but if you are outside of Germany, you can't watch it. Would a German proxy solve that?
Yep
turasteanga
Cheers..will give those a try. Think hubby was at that earlier and none of them would actually work but will have another go. Mind you, from what Equitius says, it won't work anyway.

Okay, thanks everyone for help...I know, my problems are small...except for the obvious bad taste in telly problem! ;p
Mike C
quick question people, i presume you are all fans?!i am a writer doing an articel on germanys next top model at the moment, and i need to find people to talk to about it...my deadline is this friday, as everything else i have tried has failed miserably!and forgot about Toytown, silly me!!!if theres anyone interested can you PM me please...this article will be appearing in Young Germany, which is a web magazine...again anyone interested, please PM me..only want to ask a few simple questions about why you watch the show etc...should only be 3 to 5 minutes of your time..if i can ring you or you ring me, whichever works, would be cool...or you could just give me all your thoughts on the show in a PM...would greatly appreiciate any help you can give me.
Cheers, Mike
natz
People check www.myvideo.de you can watch the full episode
ddg
Have you tried using something like hotshield to hide your IPS? It is slower but works for me (in Germany watching US shows on-line). http://hotspotshield.com/
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.