Berlin's best drum shops

Locations, recommendations

jonathanforman
Hey, I'm an experienced drummer recently moved to Berlin. Does anyone have any advice on where is good to shop in the drumming world?

I play a 4 piece DW set up with a mix of Zildjian cymbals from Avedis to K-Customs, I like to be able to try before I buy.

Thankyou in advance.

Jonathan
Ramon
Hey man!

I'm a drummer too (without a drum kit and band ...)

Anyhow, the the kulturbrauerei:

http://www.kulturbrauerei-berlin.de/59.htm...Hash=58765e3ce4

Good luck!
jonathanforman
Thanks. Look forward to getting over there in the next few days.

Jonathan
streamline
I don't know much about drums, but there's a pretty new drum shop near the corner of Schönleinstrasse/Urbanstrasse (Kreuzberg, U-Hermannplatz or U-Schönleinstrasse).
a.tuttle
i would like to find a shop in berlin with a selection of imported tribal/shamanistic instruments. any recommendations appreciated.
HAL9000
Ref. Tribal...That's a tricky one. There is a guy on the Boxhagner fleamarket you should speak to... he will know and you can't miss him.
msalama
Well I _think_ I walked past a drum shop on Pariser Strasse yesterday. Might want to go have a look if you're in City West?
a.tuttle
i found a link to glockenladen in mitte.
there is a cool video on this site. at about 12:20 he starts playing one of the instruments that i am interested in.
SKershaw
percussion is somewhat non-existent in europe... however, if you dont feel like dealing with REAL professionals from LoneStar, InnovativePercussion, etc. (mail order), then you will have to be patient with the local shops that know less about percussive arts than a 3rd grader.
Kerbouchard
I play guitar (less and less) but the shop on Pariserstr is well equipped. They have Just Guitars, Just Drums and Just Music (sheet music).

Just Drums & Percussion Pariser Str. 9 - Wilmersdorf
jonc
@jonathan & ramon -

Drummers with no band??? tasty ...

are you looking? any special music direction?

I play lead, rhythm, pedal steel guitar, banjo, and have pretty open music tastes. I currently play the steel guitar in some rockabilly and country bands. But I like jazz, funk, soul, whatever. I have a day job but music is a passionate hobby.

I'd love to get a band together and play out. If interested, let me know.
a.tuttle
for anyone interested --- i found a nice little percussion shop in kreuzberg --- it's called puls, and it's on grafestrasse 4. they have a better selection of percussion than sound & drum kulturbraueri, the prices seem reasonable, and the guys working there are super cool. no hang drums but some other more affordable alternatives.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.