Online price guides for used cars in Germany

Websites similar to Blue Book or NADA in the US

kit
I'm in the market for a new, used car. Is there an online price guide for used cars in Germany?
Yeti
Schwacke list
Owain Glyndwr
The Schwacke Liste is Germany's leading used-car price guide.

i think the online version requires registration at a fee, since the printe dversion also costs.
kit
Pay for it? F-dat! Well, at least the bier is cheap here.

Thanks for the info guys.
Owain Glyndwr
Schwacke is THE BIBLE of German used car prices. It is worth it, in mvho, but then i always get my copies gratis.
idrawclouds
It looks like they want 8 euros for each quote? Seriously? That's insane... I wouldn't mind paying 8 euros for a month subscription or something but not for each quote..

Is there something else that's a little more affordable, or is there a printed version of this in the library?
Mik Dickinson
www.dat.de gives you he dealership prixces
YorkshireLad6
Schwacke and DAT provide you with Dealer purchase prices, which are not necessarilly related to street re-sale prices and don't take into account regional variations. If you are in the market for a used car, better to survey the online sites such as Autoscout24 and mobile.de where you can get better feel of end-user pricing. Clearly some offers will be over-priced as people try to make more money on a sale, some under-priced for a quick sale, but for a common vehicle you can get a good feel for price ranges in your region, variations by model, age and condition, and a mix of dealer prices too.
authun
Fazit: Germans fail to provide reasonable access to information yet again.
YorkshireLad6
"provide reasonable access"?? It's simply a data collection exercise from publicly available sources.
HH_Sailor
Whilst putting together a car sale on mobile.de you get to a point which
searches their own database for matches of similar sales ads as your own.

At this point there is a price suggestion based on ads from other people.

Note that these are obviously "asking prices"....
authun
"provide reasonable access"?? It's simply a data collection exercise from publicly available sources.
You support my point. Whereas in the U.S. this trivial effort carried out by a third party unsurprisingly costs nothing, in Germany it unsurprisingly involves an inflated fee. As usual here, the consumer ist der letzte Arsch.

Whilst putting together a car sale on mobile.de you get to a point which
searches their own database for matches of similar sales ads as your own.

At this point there is a price suggestion based on ads from other people.

Note that these are obviously "asking prices"....
Why should a seller either have to go through hours of familiarizing himself or pay an 8 EUR fee for trivial information (as YorkshireLad paints it)?
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.