Finding a house or apartment to rent in Wiesbaden

Recommended websites, agencies, and other sources

George&Eva
Hi,
does anyone know where I could look for renting a 1 bedroom flat in Wiesbaden avoiding agencies? Moving there with my partner end of this month. Thanks
jkrnomad
My husband and I moved to Wiesbaden in August and we used www.immobilienscout24.de. I put in my requirements and found a lot of different flats available at that time. Of 15, only 3 were without agency fees. We came and looked at all 13 flats over 2 days just to get a feel for what was available in the renting market and took one of the privately owned apartments. I hope that helps.
George&Eva
Thanks, I will check the website.
aka1515
I will be moving from Darmstadt to Wiesbaden as soon as I can find a suitable house. I have been looking online through www.immobilienscout24.de but really can't afford the ridiculous immobilien fees. (One immobilien told me that the landlord of a house won't rent to Americans. Are they allowed to discriminate like that?)

Does anyone know the name of a different website or a local newspaper which lists houses for rent in Wiesbaden? Is there a particular day of the week that the classifieds in this newspaper come out?

I am also in the processes of looking for a good English speaking family doctor. Anyone who has experienced a good doctor please post.

Thank you!
swimmer
(One immobilien told me that the landlord of a house won't rent to Americans. Are they allowed to discriminate like that?)
Sure. If you had a house to rent out, you'd expect to be able to chose who you rented rent it too, surely? I know I would! Although you / I might be smarter than to make your aversions so overt!

Most of the local papers consoliate their ads in (something like) clickrheinmain.de (I've listed it here before but forgotten it). The one-off weekly publishing of ads still exists but is slightly old-fashioned in today's virtual world, in that you do not need to rely on it. The main local paper is something like the Wiesbaden Courier but I am sure this info is easy to google.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.