Best places to celebrate New Year's Eve in Munich

Update: Suggestions for 31.Dec.2011

Pages: 1 2 3

Chantalian
Hi, will probably be celebrating Silvester/New years in Munich this year (for the first time) and would like to know where's the best place/s to go, where's the hottest parties???

Appreciate any replies, thanks!
siskebap
Hi, will probably be celebrating Silvester/New years in Munich this year (for the first time) and would like to know where's the best place/s to go, where's the hottest parties???
sneak in into a big hospital. Go up to the roof - fantastic view at midnight for the fireworks.
Go to a public place - wear thick socks - like Königsplatz, there is a U2 Subway Station Königsplatz - lots of people celebrating there
Chantalian
lol a hospital and a subway station, thanks. any other suggestions people?
bluedave
Wear a helmet wherever you go, Munich is like a bloody war zone with the fireworks at New Year's Eve!
twoche
Yes it will be war again! Im saving up for my rockets already!
Eleanor Rigby
The Bayerischer Hof always puts on a good party.
perdido
Wear a helmet wherever you go, Munich is like a bloody war zone with the fireworks at New Year's Eve!
You aint seen nothing. Come down to the Donau all the rednecks come into town and its like little Beruit. Thats why I seriously go to Munich during New Years eve. I have old rockets laying amongst my anti pigeon defenses. Trials and tribulations of living in the Aldtstadt.
Wizadora
I went to Cord last Silvester. Had a great night, music was really good. We gave out fireworks to the bouncers on the way in went outside at midnight to let them off then back inside with no probs at all, would go there again this year if I was about
Chantalian
thanks so much for the replies! geez hope I don't get hit by a firework, sounds a bit chaotic, those things are dangerous.
Pricy
geez hope I don't get hit by a firework, sounds a bit chaotic, those things are dangerous.
If you wear a t-shirt with a big red crosshair on it i promise not to aim for you!
RickMunich
My wife & I often go to Englischer Garten, close to the Monopteros, but only if there is snow. Wear warm clothes, bring some fireworks and a bottle of champagne and a cooler and enjoy yourself. Lots of people there, but usually not nearly as crowded as Leopoldstrasse and you get a fantastic view of all the fireworks over the city skyline (such as it is, I'm from Chicago so I have a different concept of a skyline). With the fireworks reflecting off the snow and the whole city spread out before you, it's fantastic.
the_eagle
Best place..in your own flat with cheap beer and good company(SKY SPORTS&SETANTA TV) . I can only imagine the 'hell' it will be to try and get into anywhere good!!
wardy
hey am also celebrating new year in munich this year and was wondering if anyone had been to Tollwood to celebrate in previous years???

We're gunna be a group of maybe 10 20-25 year olds, so basically planning to get mashed and party through the night, though quite worried by the 'keine Älterbeschränkungen' advertised on the Toolwood silvester party website - does that mean we'll be surrounded by 14 year olds all night???

Obviously best place to celebrate is a big party at home, but we're only here for a year so want to experience to hell that is munich on SilvesterAbend!!

Any experiences of Tollwood/other reccomendations would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Andy.
enigma4980
We're another group of 3 in the late twenties wondering what to do for new year's eve and came across the 75€ bar ticket in Lenbach
http://www.lenbach.de/uploads/LenbachSylvester2008-09.pdf
Then there's the Silvester party in Tollwood. What would be a better choice ?
Chantalian
I think the most important point to consider is where are the hottest guys going to be. Wish I knew!
Pages: 1 2 3
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.