Disposal of an expired can of beans

What should be done?

Pages: 1 2 3

perdido
Well I am slowly going through everything in the flat that was in storage. I started going through the pantry and I found five cans of refried beans that expired two years ago. What should I do? I want to be proper.
slateberry
expired my arse a can of beans is good for at least 200 years
Moonboot
you definitely need to feed them to someone you don't like.
and observe the results.
Peffanie
Feed them to yourself - there wont be anything wrong with them... *Claim supported by VOX program Wissenshunger, three or so weeks ago!
veronicavonn
I am going to have to agree that those things will stay good for a very long time.

Shove them back into your pantry and forget about them.
You might need them in a year or two.
llees
Open a test can and perform visual/olfactory checks to see if they're still good.

If these tests are passed, eat the contents with salsa, tortillas and sour cream.

Wait 24 hours.

If you're not dead, decide what to do then.
eurovol
Where is the option to invite people over for a farting contest?
Janx Spirit
Open a test can and perform visual/olfactory checks to see if they're still good.

If these tests are passed, eat the contents with salsa, tortillas and sour cream.

Wait 24 hours.

If you're not dead, decide what to do then.
Or if you haven shat out your digestive tract, decide what to do then

They should be fine (the beans, not your digestive tract).
llees
Or if you haven shat out your digestive tract, decide what to do then
A violent response in the GI tract is a legitimate scientific finding that would obviously have a bearing on the decision.
RMA
Canning is one of the best forms of storage around, always assuming that what is stored in them is suitable for the process (taste- and consistency-wise, that is).

I recently discovered some cans of Sharwood curries I brought over twenty-odd years ago (I used bring them by the crate!). A couple showed signs of leakage(black gooey stuff leaking out, or bulging outwards under pressure) and got binned, but the other ones I've tried were fine.

Eat them and enjoy them.
KTRIC
Wasn't there some beans etc found in an old explorers cabin in the Arctic a couple of years ago ??. They were there for over 90 years and still edible.
perdido
I forgot to mention I hate the neighbor downstairs.
leeza
A couple showed signs of leakage(black gooey stuff leaking out, or bulging outwards under pressure)...
Ah, yeah. Both clear indications of botulism. Mmmm mmm good!

I can never eat expired food, ever, ever, ever. If the milk's expiry date is today, I won't drink it (or let me kid.) I know, I know, I am over the top, but it just takes one little botuli or one little salmonelli to ruin your day/week/life.

And that shit in the artic. I am guessing it was... frozen? Perhaps that had something to do with the longevity of said beans more than the canning process... just a thought.
Maurik
Neighbours downstairs!! You need someone to be alive in order to hate them once the food shortages kick in.
lilplatinum
A violent response in the GI tract is a legitimate scientific finding that would obviously have a bearing on the decision.
A violent response in the GI tract is going to happen with refried beans regardless of if they are past the expiration date or not.
Pages: 1 2 3
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.