Homeless shelters in Hamburg

For a short-term stay

Pages: 1 2

vreinaluther@gmail.com
Ok. I Couldn't pay the rent... , Now I need some understanding. Sorry .. I 'm in trouble now. I just need a time to recover, to start in a new city. I just don't have a job and don't need money. just a place where I can stay for a little awhile.. When I think about recover is about having a salary. a job. Doesn't matter where in Hamburg.. But for paying the expenses of a room you need a job. .. but first you need where to start ... That's way I need a Shelter for Free now. If you have any info about it please let me know... Vinicio.
Kay
I'm sorry to hear about the difficult situation you're in.

I'm not in Hamburg and don't know what facilities might be available, but I think that shelters are likely to be run by organisations such as Heilsarmee/Salvation Army, Caritas and Rotes Kreuz/Red Cross. Googling the name + Hamburg will give you a list of their offices, shops etc. together with a map showing you the various locations. Even if you go to a secondhand clothes shop run by one of them they should be able to direct you to a shelter.

Good luck, I hope things get better soon. All the best.
K.
Mapleleafdude
Go to the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof) there is a place called "Bahnhofsmission" on the right hand side of the "Wandelhalle". They can help you out and point you in the right direction.
Mapleleafdude
Just found this also:

StützPunkt für Obdachlose
City-Hof-Passage
Klosterwall 4, 20095 Hamburg
Telefon: 040 / 767 583 82
Leiterin
Katrin Wollberg
wollberg@caritas-hamburg.de

Mapto this place is about 5min from the Hauptbahnhof/Bahnhofsmission.
vreinaluther@gmail.com
I do thank you so much for the info. you kindly gave me... It's just what a need it, probably at the end of this month. I hope also to find where to work and after a place to stay.
Kay
I'm glad somebody was able to give you more precise information. Hope you find work soon. Best of luck!
UrbanAngel
Vreina - you wrote to me on 8th October saying you were thinking of moving to Germany. Are you saying that in 3 days you managed to suddenly move countries, stop paying rent and become homeless? I smell something fishy here. Or is the real story that you are still in Spain, would like to move to Germany but can't afford it, so plan on moving there at the end of the month and plan to get free accommodation which should go to someone who is genuinely homeless and not just taking advantage to move countries easier? If that's the case you should seriously think about sorting your finances out in Madrid before moving to Hamburg.
etherashe
Very astute UrbanAngel.
veronasteve
give him a break , at least he using is head
vreinaluther@gmail.com
Vreina - you wrote to me on 8th October saying you were thinking of moving to Germany. Are you saying that in 3 days you managed to suddenly move countries, stop paying rent and become homeless? I smell something fishy here. Or is the real story that you are still in Spain, would like to move to Germany but can't afford it, so plan on moving there at the end of the month and plan to get free accommodation which should go to someone who is genuinely homeless and not just taking advantage to move countries easier? If that's the case you should seriously think about sorting your finances out in Madrid before moving to Hamburg.
vreinaluther@gmail.com
My grandfather did born in Hamburg, that's the place I am going to be, and something I do is not to pay attention at peoples that just critizice instead of help others to get a goal. Maybe I don't have any money, But if I don't, anyways I'll go there even though I find people like Urbanangel. .. (I don't eat fish, maybe It's your kitchen..) And I will find my relatives and maybe a better place to stay, but first I do need to get there and do things that in other circumstances I would not do. Thanks for all the encouragement of others... Bye.
CarlaG
I guess you have some family connections in Frankfurt too, huh? Sorry but I've done some work in homeless shelters and they need every cent they can get. They are run mainly by volounteers and donations. If your life is nice enough to give you frequent internet access my guess is that you don't need this as much as the MANY MANY homeless people in Hamburg. People get turned away, you know? I've seen teenage girls get turned away from shelters because there is simply no room. I worked my ass off in miserable circumstances in Britain in order to have enough savings to live here until I found work, what's stopping you? At the very least you could aim to save enough money to stay in a Jugendherrberge. Sorry if there's some terrible personal crisis that I've missed that gives you a reason to do this and you can put me right if I have, but I've seen people abuse the system out of lack of dilligence and felt the need to be blunt here.
vreinaluther@gmail.com
I guess you have some family connections in Frankfurt too, huh? Sorry but I've done some work in homeless shelters and they need every cent they can get. They are run mainly by volounteers and donations. If your life is nice enough to give you frequent internet access my guess is that you don't need this as much as the MANY MANY homeless people in Hamburg. People get turned away, you know? I've seen teenage girls get turned away from shelters because there is simply no room. I worked my ass off in miserable circumstances in Britain in order to have enough savings to live here until I found work, what's stopping you? At the very least you could aim to save enough money to stay in a Jugendherrberge. Sorry if there's some terrible personal crisis that I've missed that gives you a reason to do this and you can put me right if I have, but I've seen people abuse the system out of lack of dilligence and felt the need to be blunt here.
vreinaluther@gmail.com
If I have an access to Internet is because in Madrid there is a lot of libraries that they give you a free service from one to two hours. And you really are not in my shoes. And, you right, I need every cent I can get.
robinson100
I still don´t understand why you want to come to Hamburg - is it so bad in Madrid? - surely you have friends there, and somewhere to stay and regular food,etc, so why not work until you have enough to come and visit Hamburg?
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.