Changing the password for Alice WLAN Internet - Germany

Is this possible, and if so, how?

albinparady
Hi...

Is it possible to change the wifi password of my internet connection??

I am talking about the password we enter in the computer new connection wizard to establish the wifi with the WLAN Modem.

Alice gives a password and I can set up the new internet connection and happily access the internet.
BUT, is it possible to change it later?
Problem is that , once if I give the password to my friends, They can accesss my wifi as long as they wish, since I dont really know how to change it...
And it slows down my speed..

its great if someone explains in a simple language , how to change the default password given by Alice ISP ...

Thanks in advance,
albin..
YorkshireLad6
It is possible to change it.
Is that a simple enough answer?
UrbanAngel
I don't think that English is a simple language though, YL6!
albinparady
) .. Guys Thanks for the answers .. But the Qns was "How" ..
And Can you help me with it??
YorkshireLad6
Unless we know in more detail what equipment you have then no...
warsteiner77
You should be able to change the password using the below instructions:

Go to www.alice.de
Select 'Alice Lounge - Mein Kundencenter'
Login to 'Alice Lounge - Mein Kundencenter' using the details that Alice provided
Select 'Bequemer Zugang'
Select 'Ă„ndern' next to 'Passwort' and type in your desired password.
YorkshireLad6
...and that changes the wireless password?
albinparady
warsteiner77 , Thanks for your reply, But I am afraid that , its the password change for the Alice website login
YSL6, I wil get you the details soon once I am back to FFT.. Thnx ..
sunset_gal
I am also facing this problem. I just bought a Belkin Wifi router. It is having the same problem that I faced before while connecting to Alice DSL for the first time. It prompts me for my userid and password. Right now, the Belkin wifi router is unable to ''speak'' to the Siemens modem from Alice.

Alice insists that there is no password set. But the initial setup of my Mac prompts me for the password. Miraculously after some weeks it worked while I was troubleshooting with them on the phone. I still do not know the password.

This time, I have tried possible passwords like the userid, my birthdate, 123456, my password choice (like Alice told me) and they do not work. I have not
chosen a password before. They say that it works without a pasword but it doesnt because everything is prompting me for a password.

I know this hardware doesnt belong to Alice but it is a connection issue and the hardware works fine. Since my account doesn't have a password, I have asked that they please set a default like "alice" or something and tell me, so that I can input this. But still I have not successfully gotten them to do it.

I have called their hotline many times and they do not wish to transfer my call to another colleague who might speak English. If anyone can offer some advice in not-so-technical terms, I would appreciate it.
warsteiner77
...and that changes the wireless password?
Ok, this is obviously a nice, friendly forum so I'll be sure to spend my time trying to help others and just waiting to be shot down in flames by those who don't post any useful comments on the thread!
YorkshireLad6
Or, put another way, you were wrong.
YorkshireLad6
I am also facing this problem. I just bought a Belkin Wifi router. It is having the same problem that I faced before while connecting to Alice DSL for the first time. It prompts me for my userid and password. Right now, the Belkin wifi router is unable to ''speak'' to the Siemens modem from Alice.

Alice insists that there is no password set. But the initial setup of my Mac prompts me for the password. Miraculously after some weeks it worked while I was troubleshooting with them on the phone. I still do not know the password.

This time, I have tried possible passwords like the userid, my birthdate, 123456, my password choice (like Alice told me) and they do not work. I have not
chosen a password before. They say that it works without a pasword but it doesnt because everything is prompting me for a password.

I know this hardware doesnt belong to Alice but it is a connection issue and the hardware works fine. Since my account doesn't have a password, I have asked that they please set a default like "alice" or something and tell me, so that I can input this. But still I have not successfully gotten them to do it.

I have called their hotline many times and they do not wish to transfer my call to another colleague who might speak English. If anyone can offer some advice in not-so-technical terms, I would appreciate it.
I'm afraid you've not described the problem very well, at least not in order to be able to help. Some questions:

• Is this a Belkin WiFi router with modem? (a model number might help)
  • What do you mean it can't "speak" to the modem. What does it try to say, what are you trying to do or what is the error message?
  • What/why/where is your Mac prompting you for a password?
  • Does the Belkin router have any the possibility to connect by wire to your Mac? Does it work?
sunset_gal
Hello, it just states Wireless G Router and the model no. is F5D7230-4.

First I disabled the password function in the management page for Belkin. Then I ran the "Easy Install" setup assistant from the CD. Everything seems ok (the connection to the router worked and I could see the wireless connection on my Mac) until I come to the page where it asks for the userid and password, which should be the one for Alice. I have no password from Alice but I could not leave it blank and it wouldn't proceed. So I tried some other combinations but still it wouldn't work.

I should have said the Belkin router was prompting me for a password which I guess its the Alice connection?

I connected the modem to the router and then from the router to the laptop. It shows there is a wireless range but doesn't work because the setup assistant did not go through.

Thanks.
YorkshireLad6
You definitely need login data from Alice. By default the user ID is your pone number and the password is sent to you when you first sign up, or can be re-advised, usually in writing by the call-centre. Maybe they didn't understand what you needed. You should be asking for the Alice login or dial-in username/password, sometimes called the PPPoE login details. I'm note entirely familiar with Alice user management, but in this case, maybe the information from warsteiner77 may be relevant.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.