Gyms with non-mixed changing rooms and showers - Berlin

I want nobody but my boyfriend to see me naked

Pages: 1 2 3

emi80
Hello Everybody!

I will be moving to Berlin or Munich for a year long company assignment. I am really excited about the move! I want to find a gym to go to which has aerobic classes, a weight room and a sauna. Maybe I am a prude, but I heard that many German gyms have coed locker rooms and/or coed showers. I have nothing against men, but as a lady with a long term boyfriend, I really do not think it is appropriate for me to change my clothes in front of a man or take a shower in front of a man (other than my boyfriend). Does anybody know of a decent gym (it does not have to be anything fancy) in Berlin that has aerobic classes, a weight room and a sauna with a unisex locker room / showers?

Thank you. Sorry if I come across as a prude, I am just not used to such things.

Big Hugs, Emi
robinson100
Interesting - you won´t strip or take a shower in front of us, but you want to give us all big hugs!!!
Hazza
From my experience, most gyms, sauna's and pools have separate mens and womens change-rooms and showers. I've seen combined change-rooms, but they always have little cubicles (like change-rooms in shops) where you can still change in privacy. They still have separate male and female showers.

Just be aware though, that many sauna's and health spa's are nude and for both sexes...but if it makes you feel better, they still generally have separate change-rooms and showers...
paulbb
You can usually cover up with a towel, though.
HEM
Just be aware though, that many sauna's and health spa's are nude and for both sexes...but if it makes you feel better, they still generally have separate change-rooms and showers...
Thats true at the fitness centre we go to. Particularly at the weekend there can be some nice crumpet around...
There is also a Sonnendach for grilling when the weather plays fair....
BadDoggie
Hello Everybody!
O HAI!!!1!11shiftone

Maybe I am a prude
Yep, you're a prude. Leave that shit at the airport before you get here or be miserable once you arrive, because the prudishness tends to annoy.

but as a lady with a long term boyfriend
They're showering, not fucking you. And despite your prudish boyfriend's opinion to the contrary, your tits will not be ruined because some Kraut saw them. Honest.

I really do not think it is appropriate for me to change my clothes in front of a man
In East Bumfuck, Kansas, perhaps. Welcome to Germany. We aren't ashamed of being humans here. Deal with it or stay the fuck away. Seriously.

Sorry if I come across as a prude, I am just not used to such things.
Either be prepared to accept the cuture of the country you plan to visit and get used to them or stay home. Your call.

woof.
Batson Creek
BD's right, y'know. Once you've had your initial "Brad 'n Janet" moment you'll realise what fun it all is.

And Brad may end up being, ...well just Brad.

But damn, it Janet...
Kay
I really do not think it is appropriate for me to change my clothes in front of a man or take a shower in front of a man (...) Does anybody know of a decent gym (...) that has unisex locker room / showers?
May I suggest that you look up the meaning of the word "unisex"? You're in for a surprise.
funf
Ugh. Do you have to be naked? I couldn't go to a sauna and be comfortable in a bathing suit?
Fribble
I'm curious as to what you mean by it not being appropriate. I hear people use appropriateness all the time as justification for doing or not doing things, and I wonder what it actually means to you.

You're not saying you would be embarrassed, or would worry that you would be aroused, or raped, or ogled, or anything at all out of the ordinary for a day at a gym in Berlin... just that it is inappropriate. Why? What might happen?
cinzia
funf, if you're asking if you can wear a bathing suit in a German sauna, the answer is no.

But you can wrap yourself in a towel, if you want. Believe it or not, it's the prudish who start feeling weird and out of place at German baths and beaches.

Otherwise, what BD said. Though I would have said it a bit more gently. I don't see what having a boyfriend or not has anything to do with anything, though. Like, somehow it's ok for single ladies to parade around starkers in a mixed environment, but as soon as she gets a boyfriend, she must cover up?

There are female-only gyms. And female-only sauna days.
butterfly012
I think people should stop hating and just answer the girls question. Im sure she wasn't trying to stir up any buttons all she asked was if it was true and if you know of where she can go else where put it. Quit slammin the girl
MarkL
My Gym, Fit in Friedrichsain, has everything you just asked for.
Don Giovanni
I understand that she does not want to share those things and have a personal opinion about it.
She will suffer but that is her own choice.

But what really puzzles me is this nugget:

"I have nothing against men, but as a lady with a long term boyfriend, I really do not think it is appropriate for me to change my clothes in front of a man or take a shower in front of a man (other than my boyfriend)."

How would this situation change if there was no boyfriend?
So seems to be that nakedness and posing is directly related to you being single or taken.
Hmmmm, perhaps when single you need to show the goods in order to attract a potenial mate!
NEW2DUS
I think people should stop hating and just answer the girls question. Im sure she wasn't trying to stir up any buttons all she asked was if it was true and if you know of where she can go else where put it. Quit slammin the girl
I agree completely!!

When I was shopping for a gym all the ones I went to had separate shower facilities for men and women. I didnt actually walk into the saunas but showers and locker rooms were separate.

Listen OP, there will be alot of "things to get used to here in Germany", there are lots of cultural differences. Some you will find refreshing and some that will rub you the wrong way. Many of the differences you can choose to avoid or ignore, for example shop around and find a gym that suits your needs, dont get naked in front of men if you dont want to...Its really very simple. I think that you will find for the most part that life in Germany is as I said before REFRESHING.

Just dont tell people you are American (they hate us here) oddly enough its better to say you are from a particular state (if your from Texas though pick a different one) not sure why this works, but it does.
Pages: 1 2 3
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.