Frisbee Golf Courses - a.k.a. Disc Golf - Munich

Are there any in Munich?

Pages: 1 2 3

DrivinWest
Subject pretty much says it all.
randy
I don't know of any courses in the city, but if you're up for playing guerilla-style sometime, I'd join in. Frisbee football too, though it might be nicer in the summer...
kathie
The frisbee golf course is in Weilheim, about 1/2 an hour out of town in the direction of Garmisch and the Alps. And very nice it is too. Don't play myself, but often get roped into the role of caddy for my S.O.
Mind's Eye
Check out some of the Ultimate Frisbee clubs around town. A google search will turn them up.

When I had more time to play a few years ago, a lot of players would do disc golf as well.
DrivinWest
Just looking to revive this thread. Now that summer is approaching I'm hoping somebody will know of a disc golf course in town. Anybody?
Presh
Is that the same as Ultimate Frisbee??
DrivinWest
Nah, frisbee golf is the greatest game ever invented:

Think golf, but replace the club and ball with a small frisbee. Different frisbees are aerodynamically designed for various shots e.g. long range drivers, wedges to go over trees, heavy putters for short range stability, etc. How you throw the frisbee has a big effect as well; you can intentionally induce hooks or slices.

The "holes" are actually targets that look like this:

I used to play regularly in Houston at the course that hosted the world championships; weather like this REALLY makes me wanna play.
Lisa E
We had a course at home too, good stuff. I found this:

Frisbee Sport in Germany..

Scroll down to the disc golf and with the link there it seems there is evidence it exists at least in some part of Germany, but the info is not filled out in the page yet.

Sorry, no better lead from me.
DrivinWest
Hey thanks - I kept following link until I came up with this site. So apperently there is a course in Sonnfeld Poing. Any idea where that is?
Lisa E
Well check this: Sonnfeld Poing Disc Golf

Directions: blah blah, Exit at Parsdorf/Grub, turn right towards Grub. blah, blah

Disc golf & grub too, sounds like an OK place!
MysteryMan
The reffed site looks good too:
http://www.hyzernauts.de/index_news.html
kathie
As I mentionned above, the nearest frisbee golf course is in weilheim. S.O is a big fan.
kathie
Oops, I'd already answered, so I deleted the post I just made.
Mind's Eye
Nah, frisbee golf is the greatest game ever invented
Second best...after Ultimate

Attached image
randy
It wasn't directly posted, but here's more info and directions about the Weilheim course.
Pages: 1 2 3
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.