16-year-old sex change patient to become pop star - Germany

Began hormone treatment when he/she was just 12

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

blowwavedave
From the Herald Sun: German sex change patient to become a pop star!

A GIRL believed to be the youngest person in the world to have a sex change is set to become a pop star, after years of bullying, and taunts about her changing body.

Kim Petras - originally called Tim - changed sex after she started hormone treatment at the age of just twelve.

Now 16-year-old Kim is ready to storm the charts with her first album after landing a record deal.
Interesting...well, kind of. In my opinion I think 12 years old is a little early to be making such life-changing decisions such as changing your sex...actually, I can't really figure out if that's what the article is about, or just the fact that a sex changer (or whatever they're called) now has a record deal!

Attached image
eurovol
This is going to screw with the fantasies of a lot of teen boys if she/he is any good and actually does become a star.
lilplatinum
Is that medically safe to do at 12?
thefirelane
you guys are all operating under the impression that this person was 100% male before. I suspect this is not the case. A surprisingly large amount of people "change" naturally, especially around puberty, and more often from female to male.
zee
There has been an in depth article about a similar case, Nina (former David), in the Sueddeutsche Magazin (complete article online in German) (maybe someone has the time to roughly summarize it in English?). She changed her sex at the age of 10. - Socially only, since she is still pre-puberty. After reading that article I completely agreed, that in this case, the early sex change made sense (and she still has a couple of years time, including planned hormonal treatment, before finally deciding to stay a girl).
eurovol
Kim Petras--Would You Hit It?

Now 16 years old Kim is ready to storm the charts with her first album after landing a record deal.

“I know that because of my past people will always bring up the subject, I can’t get away from it.

“But I hope that one day I might be better known for my music than for my past.”

Kim was diagnosed as a transsexual three years ago.

Doctors and psychiatrists concluded that her claims to be "in the wrong body" were so deeply felt that she required treatment.

Her therapy included artificially halting male puberty – with a series of potent hormone injections.

She was then administered female hormones to initiate the development of her breasts.

I'm pleased as punch that Kim is happy in her new body, I'm glad she has come to grips with her sexuality. Although, on one hand, now I feel like a complete fag because I think this chick is pretty hot. On the other hand, she does have long blond hair, blue eyes and pert breasts, so there's nothing faggy about digging a chick like that. On my third hand, I really hate how this type of false advertising has completely fucked up my mind and made me question my own sexuality.
I see many of these types of news stories happening in the future.
lilplatinum
you guys are all operating under the impression that this person was 100% male before. I suspect this is not the case. A surprisingly large amount of people "change" naturally, especially around puberty, and more often from female to male.
Psuedohermaphroditism - I just read Middlesex.
mlovett
She still has a boyish look about her... Reminds me of a song:

I'm A Boy
(Pete Townshend)

One girl was called Jean Marie
Another little girl was called Felicity
Another little girl was Sally Joy
The other was me, and I'm a boy

My name is Bill and I'm a headcase
They practice making up on my face
Yeah, I feel lucky if I get trousers to wear
Spend ages taking hairpins from my hair

Chorus 1
I'm a boy, I'm a boy
But my ma won't admit it
I'm a boy, I'm a boy
But if I say I am I get it
kato
This same girl (Kim) featured hugely in a Spiegel article last year, concerning early-teen sex changes:

Fehler in der Himmelsfabrik (in German)

Called Kim P. in there.
vinterdrog
he could have been a cute boy. but good for her/him i guess
nickyNZ
I used to do alot of Queer support work at my old University and had many Trans friends. I can understand what this girl is going through. Sometimes it can be for a person as simple as doing Drag (king or Queen) Imitating the opposite sex (a butch/camp person), identifying as the gender you are not born with etc etc. Gender is a massively complex issue and it cant be summarized as Male and Female as their are varying degrees of both. It is scientifically not just XX XY it can be XXY etc, although most people cant accept this. Im glad she is out there and open about herself. Im also glad she was allowed to change her sex as early as possible as this gives her the change to develop as normally as possible. As for messing with teen boys heads, She is a female. mentally and now physically. And the hormones would also produce the pheromones that make a man attracted to a woman (or whichever gender they are attracted to)
Im not an expert but I think this is a wonderful step for the GLBT community.
INFDL
When a person transitions from male to female they should be referred to using female pronouns (her/she). For example:

"She grew up as a boy but now, since she transitioned, she is a girl."

Of course the opposite goes for female to male trans men. They are men.

Using terms like "he/she" or "she/he" or even worse "it" can be offensive. And saying something like "Even though he has long blond hair and perky tits now he still kind of looks like a boy" just make you sound like a bigot.
Sinderbox
INFDL, I'm afraid to tell you in all my honesty that your arrogant preaching made YOU sound like a bigot.
Madcat
TBH in that pic she reminds me of emma bunton, and any man who sees that pic and says he wouldnt sleep with her ( without knowing the story) is a liar
don_riina
I dunno. Some bloke clones a sheep, and loads of people start questioning science, saying that we shouldn't play god. Somebody else creates a genetically moidified form of corn, so it grows better and produces a better yield, and people protest against science messing with the natural order of things.

But it is fine to take drugs to stop male puberty, take more to get some breasts, then get surgery to turn your dick inside out. Fine to bash cloned sheep or crops, but not wierdo messed up "I just feel like I am in the wrong body" disorder, which apparently should be almost lauded.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.