The worst neighborhood/district of Munich

Opinions on which is worst area to live in

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Vitor S. Goulart
We are moving (me and my wife - both 26 yo), in January, to Munich. All articles and reviews talk about the best places to live (Schwabing,Nymphenburg,Neuhausen) but we never read about the worses districts to live. Violence, exclusive immigrant area, too much garbage, very distant from public transportation, prostitution...

So, tell us the reasons and, at the end, the worst (worses) district to live in Munich.

TKS
robinson100
Rabbit Hill is about the worst place that comes to mind.
Small Town Boy
Violence, exclusive immigrant area, too much garbage, very distant from public transportation, prostitution...
We wish!
Owain Glyndwr
Rabbit Hill is about the worst place that comes to mind.
and that isn't really all thaaaat bad by most cities' standards.

Hasenbergl and Neuperlach are definately the least des res places in Munich but neither are real ghettos of crime and violence.
robinson100
Just a thought, but being a non-German, why should it bother you to end up in an immigrant area???
You will be an immigrant yorself if you come here!
Small Town Boy
Well you're also an immigrant, but you probably wouldn't choose to live in a ghetto somewhere. The reality is that there are immigrants and there are immigrants. If you know what I mean.

Anyway, back to how dangerous Munich is.
Owain Glyndwr
Anyway, back to how dangerous Munich isn't.
there. fixed it for you.
robinson100
Yes STB, I am an immigrant here - in fact you might like to describe TT as an immigrant ghetto...?!
- maybe the poster should avoid TT altogether as it is full of foreigners!!!
sarabyrd
Yesterday, I almost got whacked on the knee by a guy brandishing a pointy-tipped umbrella at Odeonsplatz. Now that was scary!

Regarding public transport, Obermenzing and Untermenzing suffer from a distinct lack of U-Bahn; same goes for Denning(-East) and Englschakling. That doesn't mean that they are bad neighborhoods. Alt-Schwabing/Ludwigsvorstadt is so residential that they had to turn a former cemetery into a park for the people who chose to live around it, not an abundance of greenery in that part of town. That doesn't mean it's a bad neighborhood. Munich provides you with a luxury dilemma when classing a neighborhood as good or bad - Housing, shopping, childcare facilities, parking (about the biggest problem around), public transport are your main issues, not criminial statistics.
Vitor S. Goulart
Folks, for first, tks to all comments...

Obviously, almost the whole members of TT are immigrants in Germany (Munich), however we are (i´m going to be as from Jan 18) anhother type of immigrants (please, take away sociology, philosophy from my question)...I do want to offend with this question...

Tks, again!
Gen
I do want to offend with this question...
Awesome honesty there man.
Vitor S. Goulart
Up till now, we have:

Rabbit Hill
Neuperlach
Obermenzing, Untermenzing, Hasenbergl, Denning(-East) and Englschakling (distant places)
Keydeck
Folks, for first, tks to all comments...
You write all the other words. Is it really that hard to type "thanks".

Now, back to your post...it's a stupid fucking question. Unless your intention is to sell drugs then who gives a fuck which are the 'bad' areas? If you are coming here to live then your only consideration should be the area in which you wish to reside. If you want to live in a 'nice' area then why would you waste time asking where the bad areas are?
Allershausen
Up till now, we have:

Rabbit Hill
Hasenbergl
These two are the same place, Rabbit Hill is a slightly comical translation of Hasenbergl.
eurovol
Yes STB, I am an immigrant here - in fact you might like to describe TT as an immigrant ghetto...?!
- maybe the poster should avoid TT altogether as it is full of foreigners!!!
Toytown Germany
Germany's English-speaking ghetto
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.