A formal obligation (Verpflichtungserklärung) - Munich

How to get one in Munich for a visitor's visa

Pricy
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody could please advise me with this little problem

Ive got a friend visiting for October fest and as hes from Sri Lanka he needs to obtain a visa before they let him in the country.

As hes staying at mine i need to obtain A formal obligation (Verpflichtungserklarung) for him. Apparently i can get one of these from my local town authorities ("Ausländerbehörde")

Any information would be greatly appreciated because i dont have a clue what hes on about!

Thanks in advance!

James
miwild
... Ive got a friend visiting for October fest and as hes from Sri Lanka he needs to obtain a visa before they let him in the country ...
If he hasn´t got one already he´ll hardly get the visa in time for this year´s Oktoberfest ...

General information on Schengen visa

... 4. It is recommended that you apply for the visa in the period that lies between three (03) weeks and three (03) months prior to entry to the Schengen area ...
KäptnKnitterbart
• If inviting party is financing your stay in Schengen: Certificate of sponsorship and accommodation (NL:
“garantverklaring”; D: “Verpflichtungserklärung”; F: “Attestation d’accueil”; E: “Compromiso de
Invitación”; I: “Fidejussione Bancaria”) with copy of sponsor’s passport/ID card & residence permit (if
applicable) and proof of employment with salary slips for the last three (03) months 1.

That's the important bit on the schengen PDF. You basically have to say you'll cover all costs that might arise from your friend's visit, including legal costs and the costs of deportation if he fucks up.
trudering_indian
You can get it from Auslanderbehorde near Poccistrasse U-Bahn. The fee is 25 EUR. The following docs are required:
- Your Passport
- Your salary slip for 3 months and bank statement
- Your rental contract (they may ask in some cases)
Along with the complete information of your visiting friend (name as in Passport, DoB etc.)

To get the visa, the original "Verpflichtungserklarung" document has to be presented at the consulate, so you should mail it to your friend asap.
brownie
If he hasn´t got one already he´ll hardly get the visa in time for this year´s Oktoberfest ...
Not entirely true. Depends on where the person is applying from. It took about 3 days for the visa, for my mom, after all the papers were submitted.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.