Fabric stores, cloth shops in or around Frankfurt

Sewing fabric stores around Frankfurt/Idstein

mrscanuck
Hi Everyone,

I am searching for a good fabric store with a big selection of fabric. I live in Idstein so 45 minutes in all directions would be okay. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Sherrie
Iras
Hi Sherrie.

I have no idea where Idstein is in te FFM area, but there is an indian clothes/fabric shop near the frankfurthauptbahnhof on kaiserstr. It depends wha you want but I got some glittery chiffon for 4 euros a meter.
vancordtland
There's also a well-known shop called Wächtershäuser here in Frankfurt - I'm not sure about their selection of fabrics, but if I need anything for sewing, that's where I go:

Wächtershäuser
Töngesgasse 39
www.naehzutaten.de

I also find the selction of fabrics at Karstadt on Zeil pretty good...
Faskally
There are a few decent fabric shops in Frankfurt. Besides Karstadt already mentioned, there's also the following places in the city centre:

Stoffe & Deko Lagerverkauf, Brönnerstraße 11, right opposite the entrance to the Karstadt car park
Very reasonable prices. The place is like a big bargain bin and you can get some really great deals.

Attia Stoffe, Hasengasse 1, right next to Kleinmarkthalle
Gorgeous fabrics but quite expensive

Wächtershäuser, next-door to the Oxfam bookshop
Stock mostly lining fabric but are a great place for haberdashery and sewing notions. They also carry Vogue, Simplicity and Butterick patterns and will order if not in stock. Service isn't all that friendly, their staff must be the moodiest bunch I've ever encountered in Frankfurt.

Toko Kurzwaren
Fantastic selection of sewing notions, very reasonable prices and first-class service

In Frankfurt-Sachsenhausen, there's Martino Stoffe
Reasonable-sized selection, very friendly and helpful staff

The majority of designs available here is a tad boring for my taste, so I now buy fabric mostly over the internet. I regularly use and am very happy with
Stoffekontor
Frau Tulpe
Stoffe.de

Happy sewing!
vancordtland
I've got to agree about the people at Wächtershäuser, but I also got to say the ones at Karstadt are not much better! What is it with these people?? It's not that they are rude, more like they have an aversion against talking...
mrscanuck
Thanks for the tips everybody!
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.