Compressing a PDF file to send in an email

Advice on how to do this

Pages: 1 2

jamie
Panic station here. Been working on a design to be printed for about 50 hours straight and the deadline is 10:00am. Coffee coffee coffeee
All done and dusted.
2 files - pdfs
One is too big to send as email - so I tried saving it with a Quartz filter in Preview (I have a mac) to reduce the file size and for some fucking reason it chops about an inch of the left hand side and adds a white strip to the right.
I need a solution before I put my head through the screen here.
How can I reduce the file size to be sent as an email without destroying the design!!!
Help please.
Suggestions welcome...
long-haul
upload it in Rapidshare and send the link as an email!
Jules Winnfield
Try using a third party website like MediaFire that you can upload your file to which someone else can then download. All you have to do is send the link.
Cookieman
Try this...PDF Compress
jamie
Cookieman - for PC only?
Have mac
jamie
trying Mediafire - so slow!!!
Malcolm Spudbury
How big is "too big"? Have you tried sending with Gmail? They allow pretty big attachments.

Could also try compressing it from the command line. Mac OS has gzip if I remember correctly.
Cookieman
aw shite!! None of the Mac ones appear to be freeware...
jamie

Could also try compressing it from the command line. Mac OS has gzip if I remember correctly.
How ?
gideon
Burn on CD and deliver by hand???

Also suggest you ring the printer or who ever is producing and tell them what is up. They may have a solution at hand as they'll be dealing with panic deliveries every day.
Cookieman
And Apple's got this iShare or iDrive or some webdrive thingy on the Internet which lets you upload huge files, isnt it?
Malcolm Spudbury
How ?
Open the terminal/console application, then cd to wherever your file is, and run "gzip filename.pdf". You should end up with a new file, filename.pdf.gz, which is a compressed version of the original.
SpiderPig
You could ask if the printshop has MSN installed and then transfer the file direct...
jamie
YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!
I got it _ thanks for all the help - life savers - gotta run out the fdoor now -
Allershausen
Could you maybe share the solution? Just in case somebody else needs it in the future.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.