Remedies for headache caused by air conditioning

Tips for surviving being sat indoors all day

Pages: 1 2 3

mrjohnsoda
Sitting all day in a building with air conditioning gives me a splitting headache..
What can I do to feel better?

I should add my head is shaved, not sure if that makes it worse..

Please help!
Fallen Angel
Is it a brain freeze type headache? I suppose the obvious bit of advice would be to wear a hat... And where the hell are you that you'd actually have access to air conditioning?
the Boy From Bozlem
I should add my head is shaved, not sure if that makes it worse..
yup, get a hat
mrjohnsoda
unfortunately it's used a lot in the place where i work

it's the type of headache that builds up gradually throughout the day..
one of those that makes you think by the end of the day your head will explode..
eurovol
Sitting all day in a building with air conditioning gives me a splitting headache..
No it doesn't. Your psychosis against God's gift to man is upsetting the apple cart. Next thing you know you will say that it is giving you the flu. Your turning German I really think so.
Bipa
ooooh...careful there! It could quickly develop into a deadly case of Kreislaufstörungen!

I recommend you get one of these Wehrmacht style toques.
highered
ooooh...careful there! It could quickly develop into a deadly case of Kreislaufstörungen
Time for a Krankenkasse-paid holiday!
Crawlie
I despise Air Conditioning in offices. Absolutely hate it. It's always bloody freezing in our offices and I find I have to go outside regularly to "warm up". Apparently, people here like to wear winter clothes to work every day even though it is over 95 degrees (33 or so in real money) outside.
lilplatinum
Working somewhere cold is 100x better than working somewhere that is miserably hot. I'm quite enjoying being back home on vacation and being in a 24 degree (75 or so in real money) house, especially when its 100 degrees outside..
NOFXmike
I'm with Eurovol as usual, air conditioning cannot cause a headache, you're becoming German, run like hell!!
Sin
It's Föhn. Headaches = Föhn. Stau = Föhn. Bar running out of bier = Föhn. Toytowners talking bollocks = Föhn. It's a normal German thing. Get viv it, Leute.
mrjohnsoda
come on, but if it's not the air con what i am getting the headache from?
i mean, i do feel my lips are drier and am freezing in that office..

i will definitely bring in a scarf and cap today, see if they'll do the trick.
Bipa
Hmm... dry lips... dry air... nothing to do with air conditioning. Back in my house in Toronto, we had a dehumidifier that ran in addition to our central air conditioner. The air conditioner alone doesn't make the air dry, just cooler.

Having spent my first 35 years living in a house with central air conditioning, driving a car with air con, later working in offices with air con, shopping in malls with air con, going to cinemas and theatres with air con, riding buses and subways with air con... funny how I didn't start getting bad migraines until moving to Europe where there is very little air conditioning. My Canadian doc suspects it is a combination of understandable stress, and perhaps different allergens that I should gradually (hopefully) get used to over the years.

Try some chapstick and moisturizing cream to combat dry skin. Drink more water throughout the day. And as an experiment, pop an aspirin or headache tablet at the first sign of a headache and see it that stops it. If you're working with a bad monitor, that could also cause headaches. Eye strain or the beginning of eye problems often causes headaches so maybe have your eyes checked, and give your eyes a break more often by looking away from the monitor and focusing on different things. Do some simple exercises while sitting in your chair every so often. Change your sitting posture. Get up and walk around every hour or two if possible.

Lots of reasons why you could be getting headaches. Air conditioning isn't one of them.

Or else it could just be Föhn
sarabyrd
Germans really are strange - they die like flies of an imaginary condition. Herz-Kreislauf-Erkrankungen sind die häufigste Todesursache
Allershausen
Hmm... dry lips... dry air... nothing to do with air conditioning. Back in my house in Toronto, we had a dehumidifier that ran in addition to our central air conditioner. The air conditioner alone doesn't make the air dry, just cooler.
Are you sure about this? Certainly car airco removes the moisture from the air, that's why if the car mists up it clears much quicker if the car has airco and it's also the reason you often get a pool of water under the car. Maybe building airco does the same thing?
Pages: 1 2 3
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.