Second-hand bike shops in Heidelberg and Mannheim

Reommended dealers of used bicycles

Pages: 1 2

Shamrocker
Hi All

Another question. I need to buy a secondhand bike in the heidelberg Mannheim area as I do not want to spend more than €150 - €200. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a reliable bike for preferably under this price bracket. I am looking in local newspapers at the moment, but would like idea of what is available in shops but I dont know where they are and if they are any good. Thanks again.

Gerry
wren
There's a place off of, I believe, Bergheimer Straße in HD that sells refurbished bikes. It's easy to miss as it's kind of tucked away in a courtyard, but I'll see if I can track down the name for you.
amy_bg
There are loooooads of places in Heidelberg. I got mine from the Turkish guy next to the Marstall Mensa. He also repaired my bike when I got flats for free. The bike cost €60. Theres also a good shop near the Deutschls Fremdsprache intitut just off the square - Ive forgotten the squares name - but they have really good quality bikes of all prices. Madame Velo near the Main station is one to avoid apparently. I have lots of friends who have been seriously ripped off there.
Happy bike hunting!
JodieJo
Does anybody know of anywhere in Mannheim?
elenai1
Hi. Do you know if they have tricycles for adults? I'm not sure i want a bike, but the tricycle would be ok.
Shamrocker
I just heard that ther Rathhaus sell off their Lost and found at different times throughout the year. They might have bikes also. Worth a try I think ( Man I am such a bin diver)
Orla_inka
You could try putting an free online/newspaper ad here:
http://www.quoka.de/searchresult.cfm?CATID...9&MASK=BIKE

You have to register. Then work out what you are looking for and maybe get someone to help you write it in German.

Or here: http://www.quoka.de/ you do a search/"suche" for fahrrad. In Heidelberg up to however many km you are willing to go.

Goodluckski
rla
gatzke
What about Stuttgart? We could use a couple of used bikes as well...
shelly5
There are loooooads of places in Heidelberg. I got mine from the Turkish guy next to the Marstall Mensa. He also repaired my bike when I got flats for free. The bike cost €60. Theres also a good shop near the Deutschls Fremdsprache intitut just off the square - Ive forgotten the squares name - but they have really good quality bikes of all prices. Madame Velo near the Main station is one to avoid apparently. I have lots of friends who have been seriously ripped off there.
Happy bike hunting!
i got a bike at madame velo recently and am pretty happy with it. hope i didn't get ripped off - amy_bg how were your friends ripped off - something I should look for before my warranty runs out?
amy_bg
They paid at least €20 more for a bike of lower quality and then when having repairs were charged more. I did live there two years ago, so maybe madame v has pulled herself together happy cycling!

As for Stuttgart, I just picked up a mountain bike (very handy for all of those hills here!) from a second hand shop dealing mainly in furniture and other unnamed junk. Its just on the corner of Schlossstr. at the Silberburgstr. junction. Theres a bakery on one corner and a cafe ont he opposite. The second hand shop is 10seconds wander past the cafe. They never have too many bikes, but you can take them for a spin and check out any dodgy ones beforehand, which does help I guess
wren
Sorry Shamrocker, I never did find the name of the bike shop and I haven't been in that area this week.
glidsta
i bought mine from a new place in Handscuhsheim/Neuenheim area:
Kuehlein und Wolf GbR
Handschuhsheimer Landstrasse 45a
69121 Heidelberg

Hours:
Mon-Fr: 10-19 Uhr
Sat : 12-16 Uhr

Bought it for 85EUR and was in very nice shape. Unfortunately the people who run it dont speak great english but I don't think it's too big of a problem. It's basically a hippy couple running the joint
heidelbel
Hello, is there any new (up to date) info on the subject?
Looking for a cheap used bicycle in Heidelberg.
Thanks
heidelbel
PS. There is an option to buy a NEW bike at Woolworth for 150, so I guess, a good price for a used one should be around 50?
Mariposa
I got mine fixed at Madame Velo and didn't feel like they ripped me off. They sell used bikes. That's the one others here have already mentioned.

Googling found me this place: http://www.das-schaltwerk.com/ (that seems to be the same place glidsta mentioned).
And there is also one across the street from MediaMarkt at Hebelstr. but I've never been to either of the two.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.