Bayern Ticket validity rules - Germany

Valid only on date bought, until what time, etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Allershausen
Strange because when I do it it comes up with this:

Attached image

and then when I click on Rückfahrt I get this:

Attached image

Confused? You will be!
sarah_trinity
You see, I get the same thing as Allershausen has posted in the screenshots, hence my confusion. And my wondering if bis Ulm is OK, but somehow from Ulm is not.
Small Town Boy
It's just a quirk in the system. The ticket is valid.
Allershausen
Ok, I know you can be trusted with all things trains, you can put away your Thermos and take off the parka.
Small Town Boy
Not until I have every last number, dammit.
deco
FYI the pricing system for the Bayern Ticket is going to change on June 10th.

A 2nd class ticket will cost EUR 22 for a single traveller, and a further EUR 4 per additional traveller on the ticket, i.e. EUR 26 for 2 passengers, up to EUR 38 for 5 passengers.

The ticket allows your other passengers to join you on the train at different stations, but you have to buy the ticket for the maximum number of people travelling (i.e. you can't buy an extra EUR 4 ticket for a passenger who joins you later).

The pricing system is changing for the following as well:

• 1st class Bayern Ticket: in future EUR 33 (single) - EUR 93 (5 people),
  • Bayern Nacht ticket: EUR 22 - EUR 30
  • Bayern-Böhmen ticket: EUR 25 - EUR 43

More info in German here: link
Allershausen
Effectively a 30% increase per person if you travel with 5 people. And then they wonder why people prefer to go by car.
perdido
Yeah but then I cant be pissed when I arrive in Munich.
Allershausen
You could, you just need one of the five to be the designated driver!
yourkeau
You know, Bavaria is kind of "family-friendly" state. So, again families will benefit from the changes, others not.
perdido
You could, you just need one of the five to be the designated driver!
Five seats? You must have a posh life. My Yugo only has two seats. The back seat is filled with duct tape, plastic, wire hangers, beer, and other precious parts to keep my Yugo going.
Allershausen
Ah, what it is to be young.
Small Town Boy
So the new rules for the Bayern Ticket have now come into force. Information on the changes can be found in German here. In addition to the new pricing structure mentioned above, children under the age of 15 now travel for free, large dogs now count as an adult, and you can collect bahn.bonus points if you buy the ticket online.

I've updated the wiki page to reflect the new rules.
abalada
children under the age of 15 now travel for free
Changed this on the wiki page as it is a bit more complicated.
Old_Erdinger
I have found another interesting anomoly between the Bayern Ticket rules and and the Bahn.de website.

The rules for Bayern Ticket clearly state that is valid on most busses (which, I assume, includes all of MVV).

However, on the Bahn.de website, when I look at a trip that includes a bus connection from Erding to Freising over the airport (all MVV) then it shows the Bayern Ticket price with the comment 'partial fare'.

Is this just another pricing error on the Bahn.de website or am I missing something?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.