South Africans in Munich

110 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys, I recently arrived from Jo'berg. Started work begin October for a small company called Siemens. Maybe you've heard of them? Anyway, are there any other South Africans out there in Munich? Shurely there must be?

Mark.

Posted

There's quite a few Seth Efricans about the place.

Good luck and welcome.

Posted

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Seth

Seth who?

Seth Effrika

Posted

Why were the South Africans upset when the UN weapons inspection team visited Cape Town?

Because they don't like Blix.

Boom boom.

Posted

A new South African wine shop is just about to open on the Fraunstrasse, Isarvorstadt. The opening party is tomorrow night. A friend of a friend of mine is playing drums there. Apparently all are welcome. See: Taste of Egoli

Posted

Hi there!

I have just started my studies here in Munich and was wondering if there are any South Africans about? Unluckily I left SA at the age of ten, so now I am more or less "germanized", anyone feel like helping me get back to my roots?

Posted

I'm just back from an Stammtisch and there happened to be a South African Stammtisch on in the same place at the same time - maybe ten or twelve people there, so there are definitely other people from SA out there.

Posted

That SA Stammtisch is always on the first Saturday of the month so now you know when the next one is...

Posted

Hi all!

I organise the SA Stammtisch for Munich.

It happens first Saturday of every month, 7pm onwards, at the Löwenbräukeller - Stiglmaierplatz.

If anyone needs any more information or would like to be added to our mailing list, see the website: SA Munich

I'm a South African that's been living in Munich for the past almost three years. There's quite a big community of Saffers in Munich and always more joining.

We do organise get-togethers in between the Stammtisches too... depending on the weather and season, anything from an outing to the Christkindlmarkt to braais in the park! :)

Cheers

Michelle

Posted

Hey All,

I just moved to Munich from Italy, but I lived in South Africa from 1976 (year I was born) till 1991. I dont speak a word of german and would love to get to know other South Africans and hang out some time. Let me know when and where the next get togther is. Any body living in freising at the moment?

let me know.

max

Posted

hope to see all of you saffers at the next meeting on the 10th.

here is to having a lekker dop of twee and a nice skinner session. :D

Posted

Hey, I'm a South African/German from Jo' berg. Moved to Munich three years ago to study. Been looking for some South Africans for ages. When is the next SA Stammstisch?

Posted

Incidentally, I passed by a place on Wasserburgerlandstraße the other day (while out looking for a car) which might be of interest to you lot.

http://www.biltong.de/

More Biltong, Boerewors and Mrs. Balls Chutney than you can shake a stick at!

Posted

Hi Randpark!

The next Stammtisch is on Saturday the 6th of March.

Join us and you'll find there's plenty of us South Africans in town!

Let me know what your email address is and I'll add you to the mailing list for the Stammtisch and other gettogethers. :)

Cheers

Michelle

Posted

Hey guys, my friend from SA sent me these a while back.

Pretty old by now but , what the heck, for thsoe who havn.t seen them yet , here goes...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only in Efrika!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-15-1080629120_thumb.jpg

Posted

Only in Efrika!

post-15-1080629149_thumb.jpg

Posted

Howzit!

I'm s.efrican and desperate to meet others. I'm currantly staying in Munich in Münchner Freiheit in Leopoldstrasse. Im a typical coloured gal who loves to party.

Many thanks

love Tarryn

Posted

tarryn, we are having a bring and braai on 1.5 (hopefully the weather will be good) at lerchenauer see. please contact silver_angel for more info.

hope to see you there :)

Posted

hey guys, another new saffer for the Toytown cause... HOWZIT!! so when is the bring and braai ek se?