Berlin Alternative Book Group, Tue. 14.Jul.2015, 7:30pm

197 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I thought it might be an idea to start a new book group as I tried to join the Berlin book group, and it's full!

I'm 22 and live in F'hain, I love reading, and will read almost anything that I can get my hands on! I'd love to hear from like minded folks so we can start choosing a list of books!

Posted

liking the name good luck with it :D

Posted

hey, liz here! definitely interested. hopefully a few more people will jump on the bandwagon.. i'll keep checking, and meanwhile think of some book suggestions.

Posted

I'm interested too. I'm a voracious reader, but I've never joined a book club, because they often seem to concentrate on classics. I'm really partial to modern writers, myself. I'd love to come to at least the first meeting, where we decide on a reading list. Then, if I'm outvoted on the classics idea, I can always bow out and leave room for someone else to join, if that's okay. :-)

Posted

Berlin book club is full, and the booker tea reading group only meets once a month (I think) and I wanted something more frequent.

Why don't we all meet next saturday (the 14th) and we can put together a list to get started on?

Anyone got good suggestions for a venue?

Posted

Hi all. I would also love to be part of a book club, but had the same problem with the Berlin Book Club being too full. Please count me in for Saturday!

Posted

Sounds fantastic. Never been, but it looks lovely! Let's say 4pm, Cafe Am Ufer, this Sat?

Bring ideas for books!

Posted

Sounds good. I'll be there!

Posted

Cafe-am-Ufer sounds great. See you Saturday!

Posted

Hi, I can't make this Saturday, but I would really love to join a book group. If there is still room for more once you've had your first meeting, then I would love to come along next time.

Posted

Hey guys!

Well, we decided on a list, we will be reading a book a week! Our first meeting will be Monday, 30th June at 7pm, at my place, PM me for directions! In our first meeting, we will be discussing Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction by Sue Townsend. Here is the reading list, in order:

1. Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction

2. The Alienist

3. The Brief and Wonderful Life of Oscar Waw

4. The Confessions of Max Tivoli

5. The Keep

6. Replay

7. The Road

8. A Spot of Bother

9. A Thousand Splendid Suns

10. Wicked

Anyone who's interested, please feel free to come along!

Posted

It looks like our next meeting will be next Monday evening, July 21. We'll be discussing "The Alienist." So, if there are any new folks who'd like to join us, post to this thread or send a PM!

Posted

For our next meeting, we'll be reading "The Confessions of Max Tivoli". Come one, come all! PM DivaRae for location :ph34r:

Posted

Since I didn't originate this post, I can't update the date under the title. So, in case anyone new would like to join us, here is the info for the next meeting:

Wednesday, July 30 7:00 pm

Book to be discussed: The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer

PM me if you'd like details about the location!

Posted

Hi

I'm a Kiwi who is just about to move to Berlin - (I arrive on August 4th) and I'm really keen to join a book club! :) If you still have space for new memebers can you let me know details for your next meeting? (Whatever the next one is after August 4th.)