Haftpflichtversicherung (liability insurance)

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi...i am male/25/Single/no kids.

Just saw the shocking reactions from fellow workers when i told them that i did not have a Privathaftpflichtversicherung. Didnt know abt it for a long time. Still a student (Currently pursuing my master thesis). Anyways, have decided to take one. I went through the Tarifvergleich website and found this one. Its actually abt 8€ higher than the ceapest one. The benefits are as follows. Does this sound like a good deal? can i go ahead and apply for it? Your opinions will be really valued.

Beitrag 54,73 €

Selbstbeteiligung keine

Versicherungssumme bei Sach- und Personenschäden 10.000.000 €

Versicherungssumme bei Vermögensschäden 10.000.000 €

Mitversicherter Personenkreis Single

Fünfjahresvertrag Nein

Versicherungssumme bei Schlüsselschäden 25.000 €

mit 150 EUR Selbstbeteiligung

Forderungsausfalldeckung Ja

für Schäden ab 5.000 EUR

Anzahl mitversicherte Hunde keine Hunde

Deckung in Europa (in Monaten) unbegrenzt

Deckung weltweit (in Monaten) unbegrenzt

Versicherungssumme Bauherrenrisiko 100.000 €

Anzahl mitversicherte Modellfahrzeuge unbegrenzt

Versicherungssumme bei Allmählichkeitsschäden 10.000.000 €

Versicherungssumme bei Mietsachschäden 1.000.000 €

Versicherungssumme bei unentgeltlicher Hilfeleistung 2.500 €

mit 150 EUR Selbstbeteiligung

Private Nutzung von Surfbrettern mitversichert Ja

Max. Anzahl Liter von mitversicherten Öltanks nicht versichert

Diensthaftpflicht Nein

Übernahme Schäden durch deliktunfähige Kinder Nein

Cheers.

Posted

It sounds like the policy I have. (I bought mine through ino24.)

If so, the insurer is AXA.

Posted

ok then... will wait till today evening and see how the responses are. If they are positive, then i will apply for it asap. :)

Posted

You should talk to an English speaking broker about this to see if they can give you a better price or options. You could contact Starshollow on here, he does this and speaks excellent English.

Posted

@Hutcho...

how can i contact Starshollow? i am new to this forum.

cheers

Posted

@Hutcho...

thanks.. found his profile here and wil call him rightaway.

cheers

Posted

long-haul: all in all this sounds ok with regards to the coverage. But it is also important to see who the insurance company is, because you do want to have only an insurance with an impeccable track record for fast and easy claims settlement, right?

Very good that is covers "Forderungsausfall" as well, I have elaborated on that someplace else here on Toytown already.

Cheerio

Posted

its from AXA.

I just applied for it. Hope the company has a good track record?

I think it was ur post that i had read somewhere. But anyways, the person had mentioned tht its not important to get a cheap deal, but rather a one that has a good coverage and to check if they offer "Forderungsausfall". On that clause, i had selected AXA.

Maybe a bit too late, but still, was AXA a good option?

cheers

Posted

And like i said in many other threads there is a Mietschaden in it which covers you for damages done to rented property

Posted

AXA is a good choice. I like some others better in certain details, but the difference is not so bad and you made a good choice all in all.

Cheerio

Posted

thanks a lot to all of ur valuable replies.

Cheers :)

Posted

I would like to get some advise on the insurance.

We are living in a rented unfurnished apartment in Germany for the past 5 years and have no liability insurance and would like to take up now.

We are a family with 2 children.

Husband working and wife not working,the oldest child is 5 and very active..in terms of destroying furniture or any other household things...

We don't have to the responsibility of office keys or whatsoever...

We might buy a apartment in the near future...

So can anyone please advise us on what insurance to be taken and what clauses to consider..

Posted

My 2 cents regarding Haftpflicthversicherung: go for a contract with a Selbstbeteiligung (deductible). Mine is €250 if I remember correctly.

The disadvantage is obvious: you'll have to pay out of your own pocket the first €250 (or whatever the deductible is) of any damage you cause.

The advantage is that if you have a deductible, your yearly insurance premiums will be significantly lower (in my case, they drop almost by half). That's because clients who don't have to pay a deductible tend to file a lot more frivolous insurance claims for small amounts ("my kid broke the neighbor's window, please pay for it") and thus cost the insurance more.

Other than that, despite the lower yearly cost, the insurance coverage is the same: f you cause 1 Million Euros' worth of damage, you'll pay for the first €250 and they'll pay the remaining €999,750.

Posted

Fundamentals, first: liability insurance is third-party by definition, which means it covers damage to other people's property and personal health, not yours. If you're looking for a policy that will replace your things in case of damage (due to fire, theft, etc.), you'll need Hausratsversicherung.

But of course, no insurance company will continue to insure you if you make numerous claims over a brief period of time, so your best bet would be teach your 5-year-old not to destroy the furniture.

Posted

Could someone explain me about the yearly insurance premiums? it a new concept for me

Thanks in advance :)

Posted

Hi,you can chose whether you pay your insurance premium yearly,half yearly,quarterly or monthly. Yearly is the cheapest version if you can afford it as all others have a surcharge.

Posted

I think he was asking how much they might be.

Assuming this to be the case then it depends on the company, level of cover, who is covered and any deductibles agreed, but reckon on 100€/year +/- 25€ for decent family cover

Posted

Fundamentals, first: liability insurance is third-party by definition, which means it covers damage to other people's property and personal health, not yours. If you're looking for a policy that will replace your things in case of damage (due to fire, theft, etc.), you'll need Hausratsversicherung. But of course, no insurance company will continue to insure you if you make numerous claims over a brief period of time, so your best bet would be teach your 5-year-old not to destroy the furniture.

Well, if you damage something in your rented property then technically you are damaging other people's property and not yours...this rule might be applicable differently on fixed stuff (like walls, floor) and landlord's furniture in case of furnished apartment.

Can some insurance expert throw some light on this, also if its generally not right then is there some company providing this as special facility as part of liability insurance?

Posted

Some liability insurance does not cover "rented property"

Posted

and make sure that even if 'rented property' is included in your Haftpflicht Insurance, make sure that you also have glass insured. I found out to my detriment that the ceramic hob in my rented property (with built in kitchen) was not included (and neither are glass doors or glass in the bathroom)