Ideas on where to sell handmade jewellery

30 posts in this topic

Posted

I have made some hand made jewellery that I now wish to sell in a market type place. I went out last weekend to check out some Flea markets ( a long, boring story, ultimately ending in an unsuccessful day) , Reim seemed a little too big and not really ideal to be selling more expensive stuff.

Does anyone have any good ideas here on where I can sell them? I don’t have a car so I need a table or similar to be provided for me.

Does anyone know how you get one of the tables/ benches on Leopold Str on a Saturday morning? Perhaps some TT out there is a regular market goer, or fancies doing one and we could share a table??

All advice is greatly welcomed!!!

Thanks!

Posted

€25 seems a little steep for a bracelet. No matter where you go I think you will have a hard time selling them. Might be easier and wiser to get a small jewelry store of three to sell them on commission.

Posted

There is some kind of market in the Olympic stadium car park that I notice when I drive past there. Saturdays - I think.

You could also try Ebay. Or even set up your own internet homepage.

Posted

On the internet you could try Etsy, an online marketplace for all things pretty and handmade.

Posted

€25 seems a little steep for a bracelet. No matter where you go I think you will have a hard time selling them. Might be easier and wiser to get a small jewelry store of three to sell them on commission.

25 euro seems ok to me if the bracelet has a nice unique design.

Posted

or it could be really cheap. Not having seen the bracelets and not knowing what materials she works with, you can't make a statement like that.

Perhaps the OP would like to post a picture of her craft? Some people on here might be interested.

Posted

I wouldn't mind paying €25 if it was good quality and a nice design... hard to judge without knowing more than 'bracelet'. Why not post some pics; you might even try flogging a few right here on TT. Good luck.

Posted

As mentioned, etsy.com is a great site. You might also check out dawanda.com, which is very similar to Etsy, but based in Europe.

Posted

Does anyone know of anything like Etsy in Australia...? My mother sells beautiful door wreaths on ebay however it would be good to find her another outlet...

Posted

My girlfriend in New Jersey sells some of her handmade jewelry on consignment in small shops. She gets $100 and more for some of her pieces - especially the chain mail and precious metal clay items.

Then there are the craft fairs which are several grades above a flea market. I have no idea how one gets a table in one of those but they are around from time to time.

Put up some photos in the Items for Sale forum here for a start.

Good luck!

Fruity

Posted

I've sold things at these arts and crafts markets. Not so expensive to get a place. Usually just one or two day events. They provide the tables and a chair to sit in. You just have to bring something to cover the table ( if you do got to one of these...be sure to pay attention to exactly what they want covering the tables because they like the table covering to all look the similar). I thought the one they had at Taxisgarten in the summer was pretty nice.

http://www.weber-sieb-veranstaltungen.de/k...erk/termine.htm

Posted

Does anyone know of anything like Etsy in Australia...? My mother sells beautiful door wreaths on ebay however it would be good to find her another outlet...

My friend uses Etsy to sell her jewellery from Melbourne which is how I found out about it. I think it's pretty much a worldwide thing as have found sellers from London and Germany as well as the States and Australia.

Posted

Thanks for the replies so far.

I know €25 may seem a lot but it is not that expensive. Each bracelet is unique and individual, using a variety of beads such as Tibetan, Balinese, semi precious stones, cloisonné beads, Swarvosky beads, glass beads, Chinese lamp work beads and others. They also all come in a cute organza pouch. I also sell other jewellery, but these charm bracelets are the most expensive. They make a lovely present for someone special (will post some photos soon!)

I would actually (believe it or not) prefer to go to a market to sell them, rather than on the internet. Thanks DNH for the info on Taxisgarten, it seems like the type of thing I am after.

Anyone doing a flea market on the weekend of 14th 15th that fancies sharing a table?

Or any info on how to get a table on Leopold Str? If not I shall go on Saturday and check it out!

No TTers out there that make and sell their own jewellery?

Posted

Instead of letting everybody guess, why don't you publish a photo. This would give people a much better idea if € 25 is reasonable.

Posted

So here is a couple of photos so you can get a better idea...

post-22943-1212831158.jpg

Posted

I saw one of your creations last night and it was beautiful!

There is usually a ton of arts and crafts booths downtown and right through to Odeonsplatz every year for Munich's b'day which is June 14. It may be too late to get a place this year but it just came to mind.

Good luck,

Fruity

Posted

You won't get stand permission for the "Stadtgründungsfest" at this late stage but you can have a stand here for €50 per day.

Posted

Thanks for the the advice, help and compliments. I have some good leads now and of course if anyone hears of anything else please let me know!

garibaldi - unfortunately your link won´t work...

I will put some bracelets up for sale of the TT website at some point, but in the mean time if anyone is interested please PM me and you can come to my apartment and have a look a the selection of bracelets. I also have keychains and a couple of necklaces!

Posted

I would pay 25€ for those they are beautiful.

Posted

Hello again!

I have done some nice local markets recently but am needing to do one again. Does anyone have a local market in their area coming up in the next few weeks? Or know of any?

Also does anyone know which Flea market would be best to sell jewelery at? Olympia Park or Reim? I have not been to Olympia park yet myself.

Thanks again!