Do a good deed every day!

143 posts in this topic

Posted

I gave my baby-fishes to someone whoose fishes need some more friends.

Posted

I took over a piece of work for a colleague cos I knew she was in a rush to get out of the office.

Posted

told off two young men as the followed me 1 meter all the way from the Ubahn, as I got to the door of my building (there are 2 entrance doors), I picked the one I always walk in, and they tried to follow me, as I quickly closed the door behind me and the then opened it with their key, they started yelling at me, being a 'schlamp' 'idioten'... list goes on, I turned and let them know its inappropriate at 1 am to expect to have a women let anybody into a building when she doesn't know them, and even more inappropriate to follow so closely behind her all the way from the Ubahn talking derogatory about women (hast du gesehen die frau mit die geilen titten?). I told them if they think that is appropriate behaviour, then they can expect more reactions like mine.

I feel good about my good deed, maybe they will not treat women in future like crap, or maybe they will, but, I will personally not allow that in my presence.

Posted

Stand up for yourself and women by all means, Carm. It's hardly a good deed though. In fact it's an aggressive posture and nowt else. I think you may need to look up the definition again. Of the three presented only Monkstown's actually sounds like a good deed.

Posted

What the fuck does that have to do with the price of turnips?

Since you ask, at lunchtime whilst out walking, a tatty looking bloke asked me for a cigarette. I gave him the pack which I'd just opened.

Posted

Stand up for yourself and women by all means, Carm. It's hardly a good deed though. In fact it's an aggressive posture and nowt else. I think you may need to look up the definition again. Of the three presented only Monkstown's actually sounds like a good deed.

I wouldn't let people I don't know into our building either. Aggressive posture? More like standing your ground and not taking shit.

Posted

Burt was more likely to be a Beatrice - I think worker bees are always female :)

Posted

I gave a homeless man 50p and told him a rude joke. Felt quite good about myself after actually. Usually I tell them to get a job.

Posted

Didn't strangle the ever so incompetent person on the otehr end of the phone...does that count as good deed?

Posted

My neighbour just came out of hospital and had a load of cases of mineral water delivered/left on the doorstep. I carted them all down to the cellar for her.

Posted

Yes, by the good deed you shall recognize them.A friendly unexpected word/gesture to a person you despise will do wonders however.

Posted

so far I have´nt used any keydeck or baddoggie language.

Posted

so far I have´nt used any keydeck or baddoggie language.

Is it correct English that you haven't used?

Posted

I corrected a friend's daughter's reference that she had written herself in English, and waas very careful to ask tactfully what she meant when I couldn't work it out. It involved a lot of speculationg over "what could it have been in German".