Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Baggage shipping service from Deutsche Bahn

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm going back to Switzerland this weekend, on the train, and I'm taking a big suitcase with me full of things to leave at "home." Unfortunately I have more things to take back than I can manage to carry. I know that the Swiss rail has a baggage service, where for a fee you can send suitcases and the like to a destination, and then you simply have to pick up the things from the station you've sent them to without having to travel with the bags. Does anyone know if DB has a similar service?

Posted

They do indeed. And that's even a collect/deliver at home service if you arrange it enough in advance.

Posted

Wonderful! Thank you so much. My trip home just got a whole lot easier and less stressful.

Posted

They won't deliver to your door in Switzerland, though, and you'll probably have to fill out some customs forms.

Posted

... They won't deliver to your door in Switzerland ...

They will ...

Da schicken wir es für Sie hin:

An jede Adresse innerhalb Deutschlands, auch auf Inseln und in einige europäische Nachbarländer.

... Luxemburg, Frankreich, Schweiz, Südtirol (Italien) ca. 5 Werktage ** Versandzeit ab Abholtag* ...

Posted

Nope.

in der Schweiz und Luxemburg besteht kein Hausservice

Posted

Very old thread, I know. But for future reference for people, the DB Gepäck Service has changed and they will no longer deliver to France.

We are going overnight to Bordeaux next week, and wanted to send the large cases ahead to meet us at the Bordeaux station, but no go.

DB service tells us that we can reserve a secure bike spot on the train but that we can't secure our bags, and they're not allowed in the Liegewagen where we'll be sleeping.

Guess I'll be waking up at every stop to police the exits!

Posted

Does anyone has experience using this service???Is the charge 16.80 includes 2 way???/

Posted

Wow, twice in one day. Details in English can be found here. It's just a standard postal service; you don't even have to book it via DB but direct via Hermes. The price is one-way.