Cycling partners sought / bicycle touring

120 posts in this topic

Posted

I need to find myself some cycling friends - I'm riding London-Paris in the summer and have to get myself back(?) into shape.

So if anyone wants to arrange a few rides with me, get in touch. I want to ride my road bike for a few hours at the weekends when the sun is out (like today). But without company I'm fairly useless at getting out there.

Posted

What is 'not-hard-core' ...distance or average speed wise?

I did 102km (63mi) today, it was lovely out there :D

Posted

Mostly average speed wise, - my stamina is not too bad, but fitness needs work. (A third ring would help on the hills!). In days gone by I'd enjoy being out for 3 - 4 hours, covering about 30 - 40 miles (usually including a refreshment stop).

I wish I had gone out - but as I said, - I'm completely spineless without company.

Posted

Hi Libby,

When the cross-country ski season is over (from Easter) I'd be happy to meet up for some cycling.

There are a few routes to the north of Munich which are fairly light on traffic and allow 40 - 60km rides (or further) and the area between Amersee and Starnbergersee is also nice.

After my experience on the road up to Spitzingsee I am more than happy that I have a triple on my bike.

Keep an eye on the triathlon thread too - there may be some posts about group rides there.

Posted

Hey Libs, I'd love to go biking around here some. I have a one speed bike, so hills are out, but we're pretty close to one another, so after the week from hell is over, we should get out some. and then sing. and then bike and sing and drink all at once? that sounds good... though it might be hard to get that peeana of yours onto a bike while steering the bike, peddling, playing, holding it in place, and drinking the wine... well, we can sort that one out after the hell-spawn week is gone.

Posted

We´re off for a ride at about 11:30. Start in Schwabing, will be about 2 hours or until our toes freeze off (whichever happens first). Anyone wanting to blow a few cobwebs away is welcome to join us. I´ll check this thread again before I set off.

Posted

We´re cycling again this afternoon. Start in Schwabing at 13:30 ish and heading north. Total ride about 55km, fairly flat.

It´s not even cold today.

I´ll check this thread and my PMs again before we go.

Posted

It was great out there today :D Like Spring. Got about 110km in on the 'best-bike' (for Roth IM), hardly any wind either, ideal.

I hope you guys got out...if not, shame on you ;)

If anyone is up for long rides from Easter onwards, let me know. Av Spd 20-21 mph for 100km plus :blink: (wind/hills permitting!)

Have a good week

Jorgan

Posted

Yes, it was good.

Not sure about keeping 20mph up for 100km, only if there is a stonking tailwind all the way.

Posted

Eat beans?? :blink:

Posted

In which case it would only be polite to warn people, maybe with this

Posted

Hi Libby,

I too have been skiing every Saturday and then putting in my time running on Sunday. But I would love to go on a bike ride with someone else. I too need others to get me out there! Haven't done much cycling lately, but I did ride 25 miles a few weeks ago and nearly froze my toes and hands off! That was not fun. I am not used to cycling in such COLD conditions!

Love to meet up some time when we can guarantee there will be sun! I am looking into riding from Passau to Vienna, or at least as far as I can ride in a long three day weekend. Has anyone ever done this ride? Any tips?

Thanks!

Posted

lots of posts, and no action, let's do a cycle ride

Meet somewhere like Michaeilibad, then ride to Aying, some refreshment, then back to Munich. 60km round trip. Flat ride no hills.

March I am not around, so in April ?

Posted

lots of posts, and no action, let's do a cycle ride

We did. See posts #6 and #7. I imagine I will be on my bike again before April - although looking out of the window, it might be safe to wax my skis again.

Just post a meeting time and place here when you are back.

Posted

Just a quick note to say thanks for all the replies and I look forward to getting on my bike.

@Bron, - Sorry I missed the last trip.

@Astro, - 60km round trip sounds like a good start to the summer, and the timing suits me well too.

Posted

@astro You can count me in (+1) for a ride in april. Looking forward to it!

Posted

Let's fix Sunday 6th April.

Meet 12pm at the cycle racks outside of Michaelibad.

More than 60% of the journey will be off road following forest tracks, there will be road sections too.

Round trip 60km, + whatever your mileage to Michaelibad is

Lunch Aying

1. Me

Posted

Let's fix Sunday 6th April.

Meet 12pm at the cycle racks outside of Michaelibad.

More than 60% of the journey will be off road following forest tracks, there will be road sections too.

Round trip 60km, + whatever your mileage to Michaelibad is

Lunch Aying

Sounds good

1. astro_rabbit

2. libby

Posted

Damn, we are only road bikers - riding triathlon-specific and road bikes. Hope to set up a road ride sometime and see you there --

Posted

... off road following forest tracks, there will be road sections too ...

Just checking here - by that do you mean 'wide tracks', or 'tiny trails'?

@ SarahD -I definately want/need to get out on road rides too!