English-speaking counsellors and therapists

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Any ideas around Hamburg?

Posted

I think you are going to have to supply a little bit more info - eg what specific "type" of counsellor? - or is English the subject to be advised upon?

Posted

sorry of course, anxiety,depression,panic attacks. General sort of thing to discuss problems but due to limited German might be easier in English. Thanks

Posted

Will you get a prescription from Krankenkasse or will you pay privately?

(Many therapists are not licensed by Krankenkasse...)

Posted

Hello, can get a prescription or also pay private in case KK don't cover costs.

Posted

I can strongly recommend Niko Feistle, Kaiser-Wilhelm Str 47 (near Music hall) Tel. 353283.

(speaks fluent German, English, French, Japanese and a bit of some other langauges too)

Posted

If you haven't found anyone yet, maybe you contact Danielle who just posted on TT? She's an art therapist...

Posted

If you find a good one let us know. I'm a fan of psychotherapy.

Posted

I'm a fan of psychotherapy.

Meaning? You like going to a different therapist every week or what?

Posted

Maybe it's become a spectator sport?

Posted

The two posts above mine are totally unnecessary. Don't you guys have anything better to do than troll around Toytown and make silly comments? It takes a lot of courage to talk to seek out a psychotherapist, and even more so to ask for help in a public forum. Hopefully more recommendations will be posted. I can get by with my preschool German at the normal doctors but can't imagine speaking about such in-depth topics as my inner workings in German!

Posted

@marymanu - Thanks for backing me.

@Kay, @Silty1 - I'm feeling attacked and picked on by your comments.

(beat)

@Kay, @Silty1 - <_< Sigh. Do I really need to define what is obviously clear?!? Or do the British and Canadians just not use the word 'fan' in the way Americans do?

fan 2 (f

Posted

@half-japanese

Thank you for your comments.

The fact that your initial post provoked a similar reaction in two very different people would seem to indicate that your intended meaning wasn't so "obviously clear" to everyone. To me your use of the term "fan" in this context seemed to trivialise psychotherapy, and it appears that Silty1 felt the same.

I trust the misunderstanding has now been cleared up on both sides.

Posted

Hello everybody!

I am new to this forum – so I better introduce myself briefly:

I am 34 year old german female, mother of a 10 year old daughter and at the present time student of Systemic Therapy living in Hamburg.

I just found your thread and I am happy to tell you that I will be offering Solution Focused Brief Therapy as well as Systemic Family Counselling in Hamburg-Altona from August / September 2009.

Among other topics of Solution Focused Therapy, I am specialized in the fields on intercultural difficulties - such as getting along in a „new“ country - as well as in difficulties that can arise in binational relationships and families.

Accordingly, I offer counselling in English, French and German.

Generelly, I am focussing on helping my clients to find new perspectives in any situation they feel „stuck“ in – no matter if it is of an emotional, relational or professional nature.

Before obtaining my final qualification as a Systemic Counsellor and working in my own office in August, I am already willing to welcome individual clients as well as couples ( no families so long) to improve my expertise.

As long as I have not recieved my certificate, I can offer counselling for conditions at half price.

If you are interested in meeting me, please have a look at

www.change-perspective.com

and contact me via e-mail.

See you soon,

Nana

Posted

Hi,

I couldn't find a therapist in Hamburg, but I can recommend phone therapy - at least it is working well for me. I am with a therapist who calls herself "Psyshrink" (her real name is Cynthia) and she charges 55€ for a 50 min session on webcam.

Posted

Ok so this was a weird thread. Many weird responses to a simple inquiry. Dare I ask if anyone had luck finding a good english speaking therapist. Please only direct answers to the question. Thanks!

Posted

Check out:

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/1432476-Dr-James-Powell-Hamburg

Posted

I have been seeing Niko Feistle for a while, he is highly professional and still kind and down-to-earth, helped me a lot.

he has a very good website (www.tppraxis.de) and I have heard quite a few other expats recommend him, seems to be the english-speaking psychotherapist in hamburg. his english ist close to impeccable, almost like a native speaker's.

Posted

I would reccommend Dr Zorawski - his website with contact details and information in English is http://www.zorawski.de/

Posted

I'm guessing this reply might be a little out of date (first query 2007??), but if anyone still needs info about English-speaking therapists I can try to find out for you - send me a private message. I am a native English speaking psychologist, I work in research myself rather than psychotherapy but I work with therapists, doctors etc. so can find out for you.