Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to get ears pierced for a baby

88 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a 7 months old baby girl and want to get her ears pierced.Pls suggest me some places where I can get it done and what is the appropriate age for the babies to get the ears pierced.

Also,someone could suggest what do they put after piercing.Do I need to carry a gold string or do the jewellers help me out ???

Posted

... and what is the appropriate age for the babies to get the ears pierced.

IMHO - NEVER!

Posted

I agree. Are you doing this so that everyone will know she's a girl at first sight?

Posted

CHAV ALERT. Appropriate age? 14

Posted

IMHO - NEVER!

I sorta agree...I'd say when SHE asks for it. 10...14...somewhere in there sounds alright.

Posted

I have a 7 months old baby girl and want to get her ears pierced.

Sorry I can't help you, but I'm curious to know why you want to get your baby's ears pierced?

Posted

Why not wait until she's old enough to decide for herself. In my opinion too she's far too young.

Posted

Hm, dunno. Maybe you should try the place where they trim dog's ears to make them more pointy, or wherever it is they do circumcision for older boys.

Posted

what is the appropriate age for the babies to get the ears pierced.

In my opinion the same age you would allow a son of yours a prince albert ;)

Posted

Why on earth would you want to do this? Its not like the baby wants them so its just for yourself really. Let the kid decide herself when she gets a bit older as to whether she would like pierced ears or not.

Posted

in some cultures (Indian, S. American), such as mine, babies get their ears pierced very early, sometimes within the first few days. I actually read not too long ago that babies have a much higher threshold at that time since the birthing process is so painful as is. but here's a site i found.

http://www.drgreene.org/body.cfm?id=21&amp...ail&ref=342

Posted

I'm not alone in my perversion that never pierced ears on an adult female are beautiful.

A physiotherapist of mine has never pierced ears, and she told me her father refused to allow her to get them pierced until she was 18, and when she was 18 she no longer wanted to mutilate herself. I told her to give my respect to her father.

Piercing babies ears is common in Spain and other Meditaranian countries

Posted

It wouldn't surprise me to find that it is not allowed here.

Posted

Though not on good taste grounds which plainly it should be, but on some lesbian left wing human rights nonsense reason.

Posted

My mother got my ears pierced when I was a baby. I have to say, it's probably the only thing she's ever done in my life that has really pissed me off. If you want to stick metal through your own flesh then I'm all for it (well, I am for your right to do it anyway, some of it can be pretty ugly) - but don't go sticking metal shit through people who are so small they can't even protest or understand the fucking point of it.

I don't wear earrings any more.

Posted

OK, so far that's 15 against. Do we have someone in favour? Kylie, where are you?

Posted

my parents pierced my ears as a baby, and i've never really thought about the "issues" behind it until now.

ok, thought about it and i'm still fine with the fact that they did it.

Posted

I'm not alone in my perversion that never pierced ears on an adult female are beautiful.

Oh dear, you really don't want to see me today, then.

I had Haggis Junior's ears pierced at Christ (jewelery shop) when she was two years old and easily comforted with an ice cream cone. She refused to wear earrings from years 8 through 16 but the holes were still there, albeit almost invisible. Now she is disgruntled because she is allergic to various metals and can only wear gold comfortably.

As nokareyes pointed out, some cultures do it at an early age. I was speaking to an Indian woman and was surprised that her 1-year-old daughter didn't have earrings, she asked the same question: Where can she have it done in Germany?

I suppose you can liken piercing ears or other body parts to de-clawed cats and Spock ears on dogs if you like, just don't slag people off who do it just because you think that it's disgusting/unnatural/unhygienic. I had to fight for my first two piercings, it was the first time I dared "hit back", something I should have done much earlier.

Posted

just don't slag people off who do it just because you think that it's disgusting/unnatural/unhygienic.

Wouldn't thinking someone's actions are disgusting, unnatural, unhygienic, or (in my case) unnecessarily brutal be among the best reasons to slag people off?

Posted

brutal?? they don't pierce it with a nail and hammer you know... it takes 2 seconds

Posted

@ Fribble: I'm not saying you can't feel that way but you don't have to tell them. It's like the guy chewing gum on the S-Bahn next to me - a disgusting habit in my opinion but I have the option of sitting somewhere else or trying to ignore him. If you don't like piercings, roll your eyes, shrug your shoulders and look away.

Posted

I had Haggis Junior's ears pierced at Christ (jewelery shop) when she was two years old and easily comforted with an ice cream cone. She refused to wear earrings from years 8 through 16 but the holes were still there, albeit almost invisible.

Same as me. Ice cream, later refusal to wear them, bla bla. Thanks ma'.

As nokareyes pointed out, some cultures do it at an early age.

...and? Some cultures mutilate girls in other ways too.

I suppose you can liken piercing ears or other body parts to de-clawed cats and Spock ears on dogs if you like

yep. Different scale, same shit.

, just don't slag people off who do it just because you think that it's disgusting/unnatural/unhygienic.

Why not? Are you just saying these things are subjective?

Posted

I think it's the fact that it's being done to a 7 month old baby that elicits such a strong reaction in people. I know different cultures do things differently, but that just makes a lot of people go 'EWW'. For God's sake, won't somebody THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Posted

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions..

Guess after your reactions I will not do this to my kid anyway...