Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BahnCard 100 - customer cards for rail travel

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok so my company have upgraded my monthly ICE ticket and Monthly Frankfurt central ticket to a single BC100. I stressed a bit of whether I was able to use it on Frankfurt Local but I have found I can. As well as local in most of the big cities (but only in their central zones. Zuschlags needed outside this zone).

This has the advantage that all my common trips around Germany, most often to Stuttgart, are now free, wohoo.

However as my german is bad i cant find out much more about what else I can do with it. I thought Id start a thread to find out and help out anyone else who wants to know about the BC 100 in future. I looked up BC100 BC 100 and BahnCard 100 on the deep search and not much was there. My main questions at the moment are:

1) Am I now eligible for the ICE Bahn Comfort seats?

2) On my monatkarte for Frankfurt - Aschaffenburg I was able to take 4 people with me between the two places free on Saturdays only. Is there anything similar?

3) On my monatkarte for Frankfurt I was able to take one person and unlimited children with me free after 7pm week days and all day Saturday and Sunday. Is this also gone?

4) Anything else I can now do?

So in short, in school exam terms "Bahn Card 100, discuss" :)

Posted

Full information in German is available from here: Bahncard 100.

To paraphrase in English, the ticket costs €3,400 for 2nd class and €5,700 in 1st class for one year. It is valid on virtually all DB services and in most large cities. A surcharge applies on night trains and the ICE Sprinter, whatever that is (it's valid on normal ICE trains). You can take up to four of your own children up to the age of 15 with you for free.

I would imagine that the purchase of a Bahncard 100 gives you the 2,000 points requires for the Comfort benefits, such as the priority seats you mention, although I can't actually find confirmation of this.

Are you sure you have to pay a supplement to use the card in the outskirts of cities? This seems unlikely to me, since the outskirts are generally covered by DB-operated S-Bahns.

Posted

The ICE Sprinters are the short 4-5 Car trains whos wagons can't be detattched/seperated. DB Operates ICE Sprinters between various cities

as an overflow catching service from the normal ICE trains. More Details (In English) here

I also found this bit of Info.

The Bahncard 100 is valid on all national DB trains, excluding DB Autozug, in Germany. The spouse or partner of BahnCard 100 holders, as well as children living at their home aged between 6-17 years, receive a complimentary BahnCard 25, and accompanied children under 15 travel free of charge.

According to the bahncard wiki The BC100 details are:

1. The card itself is the ticket. No further paper ticket is needed

2. Unlimited Free travel on all DB trains within Germany, except Autotrains, ICE Sprinters, Night Trains and others that require an additional charge.

3. BC100 Customers are also automatic "bahn.comfort" customers and can recieve free baggage shipping from door to door (or Boat) where possible.

4. Carrage of bicyle free of charge (On trains that allow bike carrage. AKA: Not ICE)

5. Free Reservations on long distance trains.

6. 10-20 Eur Credit towards car and bike sharing programs. Along with a 5% Discount for the same.

7. The BC100 card is actually an RFID card. Which allows you to use the DB Car sharing quick checkout/rental kiosks.

8. Is also valid in the local transport networks of over 120 Cities (Nahverkehrs) as part of the City-Ticket Program.

I'm sure theres more, contact DB and see if they have BC100 details in English. I bet they do..

Posted

1. Yes

2. No

3. No

4. You get

- to take your bike for free

- to use the DB lounges (as part of the Bahn Comfort package)

- a whole lot of frequent traveller points all at once

- free membership to DB Car-share

- cheaper reservations

- free travel on all innenraum transport in every city in Germany plus S-Bahns on the entire network

Posted

Have a read at the links I provided above, and DB's own Website... your #2 and 3 are wrong...

Mit der Mobility BahnCard 100 (etwa vergleichbar mit der früheren NetzCard) kann man ohne weitere Kosten beliebig viele Fahrten mit der Deutschen Bahn unternehmen. Die Karte selbst gilt dabei als Fahrschein – ein separates Ticket ist nicht nötig. Ausgenommen sind die Züge von DB AutoZug; ICE Sprinter, Nachtzüge u. a. sind aufpreispflichtig. Die Karte berechtigt auch zur Nutzung des Öffentlichen Nahverkehrs in 102 größeren Städten (City-Ticket).

BahnCard-100-Kunden genießen einige Vorteile: Sie werden automatisch bahn.comfort-Kunden

Für letzteres ist im Fernverkehr eine kostenlose Reservierung nötig

The Innenraum, part you mention is part of the City-Ticket program. Click the above link and download the PDF with the detail/zones for each city.

Posted

Hi all,

I have a problem. My bahncard 50 for the next year has arrived. It is valid from the 9th March. My company (who are paying for this) want to upgrade it to a Bahncard 100. Sounds good. However, I am actively seeking work back where I am living and have a number of interviews coming up. I have been working away for every week for a long time and don't want that anymore. If I were to leave this company in the near future, or anytime in the next year, would I have to pay them for the card or for the months that I didn't use it? I can't tell them that I don't want it because I am looking for work elsewhere. Was thinking of saying that I am thinking of buying a car.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted

AMCD, Everything is negotiable. Perhaps have you new company pay for the months of the BC100 that are left over. Also seems that your problem is not related to this thread, perhaps another employment thread.

Posted

If I were to leave this company in the near future, or anytime in the next year, would I have to pay them for the card or for the months that I didn't use it?

Why do you think some strangers on some internet forum would know this answer? We don't know you, your exact work contract details,

the company you work for or anything else to base an answer on. The people you need to be talking to are your current employers.

They are the only one's that can help you, So grow a pair and ask them.

Posted

Was thinking of saying that I am thinking of buying a car.

Brilliant idea. Your company indicates that they want you to go by train and you buy a car. Its highly likely that the reason they are giving you a BC 100 is that its cheaper (for them) than letting you go by car.

In all likelihood they have a deal with the Bahn, anyway its their problem and who says how yuick youll get somethin new? Take it and solve the issue of them cancelling it when you actually want to move.

Posted

Its highly likely that the reason they are giving you a BC 100 is that its cheaper (for them) than letting you go by car.

Why do you think so? AFAIK, travel expenses are tax deductible, aren't they? Or at least those up to 30 cents/km one way.

Posted

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi there,

I might be commuting a lot over the next year, and I was wondering. Is it possible to register for a Bahncard 100, but pay the fee over the course of 12 months?

I like the idea of unlimited travel on the card, but I'm not able to pay it in one go. I've searched on the website, but I can't see anything about that at the moment.

Any help appreciated.

Posted

Bear in mind that if you do pay for it monthly you are committed to pay every month for a full year, and unless you cancel it at lest 6 weeks before the anniversary of the subscription it continues for a further year (and so on). If you pay a year up front there is no automatic renewal.