English-speaking dog trainers and training schools

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anybody know of any Engkish speaking dog training schools in or around Munich?

Posted

i know a dog trainer who speaks Fluent English who can help you.

I also can and would love to help you when i'm back for a bit in early November.

what exactly are you looking for? do you have a behavior issue or just want basic dog manners?

Posted

We would also be interested in finding an English speaking dog trainer.

Posted

I contacted Kevin Harris (his website) in April just because I wanted someone to observe my training techniques that I have been using with my dog. He's Irish and very laid back.

Also, if it's something basic, I would also be available to help. I have worked with 2 other TT dogs in the last few months, as well as my own dog (obviously!) who I rescued out of a pretty bad situation. Please PM me if interested.

OOPS - also wanted to mention that some dog owners have been meeting every other Saturday at Olympia Park at 2pm or so. I'll bump up the thread and see if anyone is interested this week.

Posted

post-18282-1185994802.jpg

I've got a 18 month old golden retriever, which I got when she was 14 months.She is pretty much trained but the main issues are she pulls badley when on the lead,listering to comands and a few other small things.I've bought 2 training books and tried a few different techniques but she doesn't seem to learn

Posted

i'm at work at the moment, but i'll reply with Constanze's information (the trainer in Gruenwald-she's also a certififed vet) and also some other recommonendations.

November is awhile off, but i have no problem meeting with you then. i'm a dog trainer (on the side, i wish it were my day job!) and also work on behavior modification.

Both Constanze and I use the positive reinforcement approach to dog training.

Posted

We've got a 5 month old lab who we're taking to a German dog school right now. Since our German skills aren't that great we miss out on a lot of the details and have to depend on one of the other participants for translation. It just doesn't seem to be working out like that so we thought that it would be better to go to English dog training classes. We're looking for basic obedience training and socialization. We'd really appreciate getting the contact details for the English speaking trainer.

Posted

Dr. Constanze Pape does group and private lessons along with behavior modification; she speaks German, Spanish, and a bit of French. Here is her praxis phone number 089-69377739,

if you'd like more info post on here or pm me. I have known her personally and professionally for almost two years and can tell you about her training philosophy and experience. If you contact her let her know that Meredith suggested she could help. She lives in Gruenwald, is fully bilingual, is a certified vet who specializes in training and behavior modification, has given many seminars, and also gives special courses with different topics (e.g. kids and dogs, antidepressants and dogs, clicker training, etc.).

As for training stuff, i'll touch on that if you wish. just let me know.

I know November is awhile off, but i also have no problem meeting to discuss training or behavior when i'm back in Munich.

Posted

Also, if it's something basic, I would also be available to help. I have worked with 2 other TT dogs in the last few months, as well as my own dog (obviously!) who I rescued out of a pretty bad situation. Please PM me if interested.

I can recommend Cookie for help! She's a doggy training guru and I now can actually leave my house, whether it be for a few minutes or a few hours, without my dog having an anxiety attack.

Posted

Anyone have more recent info on English-speaking dog trainers or facilities? Thank you.

Posted

I was meaning to ask a similar request of TT members, and in another thread someone posted this linkof a search for hundeverein, but they are all WAY out of the city center. Perhaps if you did a google "search nearby" with hundeverein we'll get more relevant results, but it still is no substitute for an actual recommendation...

Also the Tips and discussions on training a dog itself might be helpful since lots of people posted links to videos on training your dog yourself and other helpful (when they weren't bickering with each other) tips.

Posted

You should try Kevin Harris in Munich. He is great. I found him after I went to two other trainers that didn't end up helping me. Needless to say I have been going to him for a while now and he is fantastic!

Here is his website www.dogconsulting.de

Posted

I actually contacted Kevin Harris twice during the spring after reading cookies post here above. I wanted some help and guidance in regards to one of my adoptees. Need less to say, that i am personally very disappointed that he never got back to me for booking an appointment :-( Is it worth giving it another try? Or are there any other English speaking dog trainers around?

Posted

Hi there, i understand your disappointment! Hopefully he's just to busy, so the short-come isn't that big. : ( Nevertheless it's impolite not to reply, and i am sorry you had to experience that!

But maybe i can be of assistance. I am a dog trainer from Hamburg, who also visits dog owners in other countries and cities if they book my services. Usually i work as an behaviour counsellor or -therapist with people and their dogs, but i also work as a simple dogtrainer. My website www.dogsrus.de Feel free to consult me, because i would be glad to be of assistance! Kind regards and all the best! Mona

Posted

hi, everybody,

my name is sybille wells and i just moved from los angeles to munich. i am a mobile dog trainer and can teach in english and german.

check out my home page http://www.sitandstaydogtraining.com or e-mail me at dogsarefun@mac.com

thanks

S.wells or as my american friends say "billie"

Posted

Hi there, i understand your disappointment! Hopefully he's just to busy, so the short-come isn't that big. : ( Nevertheless it's impolite not to reply, and i am sorry you had to experience that!

But maybe i can be of assistance. I am a dog trainer from Hamburg, who also visits dog owners in other countries and cities if they book my services. Usually i work as an behaviour counsellor or -therapist with people and their dogs, but i also work as a simple dogtrainer. My website www.dogsrus.de Feel free to consult me, because i would be glad to be of assistance! Kind regards and all the best! Mona

Gosh I am so sorry, I just saw this post now. I will be sending you an e-mail.

Posted

Hi there,

no need to apologize! Almost everything takes time. ; )

Please have a look at cattledog's post too. I obviously don't know her, but she's living in munich and her work is also based on force-free techniques, if i did not get it wrong, and i'm sure, i didn't. B)

Have an awesome day!

(Don't know why but i am in the best mood ever, amazing. ~sing~)

Kind regards

Mona

Hundetraining - Dog Behavior Consultant

Posted

I am now going to Sybille Wells, she is great and her three dogs show it! I would suggest giving her a call.

Here is her website: http://www.munichdogschool.de/

Posted

While nordic walking in the woods, I met Ms. Wells out for a walk with her dogs. I chatted with her a while, in English. She's a charming woman, and her dogs were perfectly behaved. If I had a dog, her dog school would definitely be my first choice! :)