Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English-speaking jobs in the Karlsruhe area

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I am planning to move to Karlsruhe area as soon as I find a job.. I am a 26yr old native English speaker with intermediate German skills. I have applied to a few agencies in UK and Germany but am having real trouble getting any positive response. I work in Travel at the mo but would really consider anything - Admin, Call Centre, Hospitality etc

Please can anyone point me in the right direction? Know of any British/Amercian companies I can apply to or any other ideas? Am willing to travel anywhere in BW.

Would it be better to look for work once I've made the move? (a bit risky!)

Also - what will I need to take up a position - I've heard about the tax card, how long does that take to come through?

And as an ex pat is it easy to make friends and get involved in the local community in your opinion?

Thanks!

Posted

Hi there guys,

I was just reading your text. I lived in Germany for a while and have plenty of experience from what you are talking about. Firsty, do you speak fluent German? The Germans like it when English people speak German. Jobs are not easy to come by due to their employment system and educational backgrounds. I have a few places in a mind where you can work but it would have to be in Baden Wurtenburg? Ulm? I know some places where you can work as they need English and German speakers.

Posted

Hey all,

I am looking for work at the moment, I am an Australian and degree qualified OHS/SHE/EHS/safety/environment consultant (Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit und Umweltschutz) with about 4 years experience and have found it quite difficult finding much around Germany that would suit me. Problems being that my German is perfectly ok for general conversation etc but with regard to work it does not cut the mustard yet, further more the firms with English as the firm language (eg Siemens) are really looking for senior managers.

So I am looking for any tips that people may have or if you know of anything going then that would be super.

Cheers

Greg

Topics merged by admin

Posted

You could try here: https://lnjobs.army.mil/vacancy/vacancy_lis...&country=DE

The US Army hires local nationals (this would include you if you have residency and a work permit) and would probably be interested in you as a native English speaker and assuming you are fluent in the German rules for safety etc. Not sure if they have any openings - you'll have to check that yourself. Only drawback is that there is a very high chance the bases in Heidelberg/Mannheim will close but some others like Wiesbaden and Stuttgart should remain.

Posted

Cheers greatly appreicated nothing there as yet bu i shall get in contact with them and have a chat.

Greg

Posted

Hello,

I don't know if this link is still valid as it was made in 2007. But I will give it a go.

I want to know if anyone can help me with advice on finding work in Karlsruhe for an English speaker. I can speak basic German and understand the language quite good, but I still have some way to go.

I currently have a job in Rastatt, but its only part time and a 25 minute drive for me to get there, so I would love to be able to find a job a little closer to home. I have done a lot of searching on job sites for a while now, but I can't seem to find anything suitable.

My main goal at the moment is just to learn the language. So I am happy to do anything really, some ideas of jobs would be cleaning, teaching, working behind a bar, waitressing or anything in the hospitality or customer service areas.

I'm just wanting some extra work in addition to my current part time job, or even a full time job in Karlsruhe would be perfect if I could be ever so lucky.

If anyone knows someone who needs the help of an English speaker, or any information that could help me, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so, so much

Angela

Posted

Hi everyone,

I`m Razvan and I`m looking for moving to Karlsruhe.

Can you tell me how can I find an English speaking job, because I`m beginner in German and still have lots to catch up.

I`m also interested about the living costs - rent for a house, food and so on.

Could you give me a piece of advice of where I should post a CV or some companies (websites/e-mails) which have English jobs?

I could really use your help.

Posted

Hi everyone,

I`m Razvan and I`m looking for moving to Karlsruhe.

Can you tell me how can I find an English speaking job, because I`m beginner in German and still have lots to catch up.

I`m also interested about the living costs - rent for a house, food and so on.

Could you give me a piece of advice of where I should post a CV or some companies (websites/e-mails) which have English jobs?

I could really use your help.

Posted

@ Razvan: There aren't all that many English-speaking jobs around, and many will require special skills and degrees. Actually, unless you have a degree and find a job in your field, you cannot be employed here until January. It is not legally possible.

What jobs do you think you could do in Germany? Keep in mind that you cannot work at temp agencies until January.