Gynecologists and obstetricians in Berlin

115 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm new in Berlin and need a gynaecologist. Can anyone recommend one? I speak German, so the language thing isn't an issue, but I am somewhat uncomfortable about gynaecological examinations, so I would really appreciate it if someone could recommend a doctor who is good, nice(!), and preferably female. Mitte would be easiest, but I don't mind going a bit further if necessary. I've looked at http://www.aerztekammer-berlin.de/50_Arztsuche/index.html, but I am reluctant to choose someone at random. Thanks!

Posted

I go here:

Praxis Dr. Schulz

Frau Dr. Reinke (is the lady I see)

An der Kolonnade 4 Stadtplandiesnt link (if it works)

030 229 1083

Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 3pm to 7pm

DO NOT be put off with the dragon at the desk...the Dr. is really nice though. I don't know how Dr. Schulz is as I have never seen her.

Posted

Thanks, gooner_gal, have made an appointment. :)

Posted

No problem! I know what it's like when you don't know where to go. I must admit I made my original appointment there as they are around the corner from my office. Luckily they are nice and it worked out well!

Posted

Any recommendations for a male english-speaking ob/gyn, preferably near mitte??

Posted

Hallo,

Can anyone pass on the contact for a good doctor for females that speaks english.

Need to do my yearly checkup.

Cheers

Posted

Dr. Henneberg in Prenlauerberg is great although I am not sure if maybe she is only a gyno..

Posted

I think she's probably looking for a gynaecologist (she wrote "female doctors" in the title but "doctor for females" in the post).

Posted

Hi Lynne,

I am going to this female Dr tonight:

Dr Eva Dudik

Kaiserdamm 6

14057 Berlin Tel 030 321 5082

I believe she speaks English and is recommended as being very nice. I will post another reply once I have been to her :)

Posted

Hi, well I went to see Dr Dudik last week. She is indeed very nice and spoke more or less perfect English. I did have to wait 50 minutes longer than my appointment time but I actually didn't mind in the end because she was so nice. A friend told me you have a better chance sticking to your appointment time if you book early in the morning (mine was in the evening). Hope this helps! :)

Posted

Hey Lalia & GoonerGal, I know this is a late follow up, but does Dr. Reinke speak english? I'd be able to muddle through in German, but would prefer to converse in english if possible.

Or would anyone have any other recommendations for Gynäkologie in Mitte or Prenzlauer Berg?

Posted

You can go to Prof. Dr. C. Köhler in Charite Mitte or to Prof. Dr. A. Schneider in Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin.

Posted

I don't speak German, and a friend recommended Dr. David Peet. His practice is near Checkpoint Charlie: Kronenstr. 55 -58, tel: 30 3069800.

His clinic specializes in fertility. So far, he's great - proactive, communicative, easy to get quick appointments. I don't know if his rates are high (I pay full whack being non-German), but suspect they may be top-end since he seems to have a lot of foreign clients and speaks perfect English.

Posted

Forget about Dr. Peet by the way. He's not as good as I thought - and quite arrogant - and will try to sell you on IVF before you've even taken your knickers off.

Posted

As I have now received 3 PMs asking the same question I though I would post my answer...

I have no idea if the lady i see speaks English. I have always spoken German to her and have never asked if she speaks English. I would just call and ask. If the receptionist doesn't speak English I would take that as a sure sign that they don't, as she is the only one who answers the phone.

Posted

I have just made an appointment based on Droy's recommendation - its a good location for me. Will let you know how it goes after my appointment tomorrow :D