Plumbers - info and recommendations

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone know a good plumber in Munich city? I have problems with the toilet cistern refilling.

Ta

Phil

Posted

Excellent plumber (he made my bathroom):

Herr Wolfgang Spindler

0172 7003983

Posted

Does he speak English?

I don't know if this applies in your case, but, did you have to ask for the Hausverwaltung's permission before? I can check by calling them of course, but I've already been calling them a lot in the last weeks and don't want them to get upset.

Posted

For small plumping problems you can contact your Hausmeister. I did that recently for a bathtub problem. They are trained for simple problems and usually it's free.

Posted

Just wondered if anyone can give me a recommendation for a PLUMBER. Yes, I know I can look in the yellow pages but there's nothing like a personal recommendation (including who to avoid... ) I have what I hope will be a small job. Think the hot water pipe leading to shower is blocked either by lime or rust as the water pressure in my shower is almost down to a trickle. Unfortunately, there is no access to the pipes which are behind a wall or I would have a poke around myself.

Topics merged by admin

Posted

Are you renting or do you own the apartment?

Have you already spoken with the Hausmeister? It may well be that it's his responsibility to get the job sorted.

As a first stop I would contact Huntcrest Services. You'll get the number by just using the Search. They came out to my place last week and sorted a problem with my kitchen sink.

Posted

Used Huntcrest. Very confidence inspiring pleasant young man - fixed it in half an hour at very reasonable cost. Thanks for the tip!

Posted

Hi everyone,

I've read the recommendations above, but I was wondering if anyone has any more recent recommendations for plumbers in Munich - our boiler's broken and I'm looking to get it repaired asap.

Thanks!

Posted

I also used Huntcrest. They came the same day I called them. They fixed the toilet quickly and for a reasonable price. Highly recommend their services.

Posted

Any updated list for 2011? When our washer empties, it fills up the kitchen sinks and sometimes the bathtub as well and takes for ever to go down. Have done the draino thing a couple times as well as used a Toliet unstopper (one bought specifically only to use on the drains, not in the toliet ;) ) Was ok for a while, but doing it again. Already talked to landlord, he gave me who he uses, but also know he tends to charge a bit more - so hoping to find a good/reasonably priced person who can come in and fix it without taking too much time or money :) Willing to pay for good work, but too many disappointments in the past from people for various things the landlord has given us.

Posted

Any updates to reliable plumbers to this old thread???

Posted

Same here! We need a plumber as our toilet refuses to stop running. We've resorted to shutting our water off. Any updated recommendations on good plumbers are welcome (can speak German or English, either's fine).

Posted

hi, any new updates? Kitchen sink pipes are leaking big time, need some replacements etc.

cheers

Posted

Looking for a plumber in Munich to remove a sink, install my washing machine and then place the sink back where it was.

Ideally this plumber speaks English as my German is still very limited.

Any recommendations?

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Posted

These guys - http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/huntcrest_building_services.html