Doctor Who (TV series)

199 posts in this topic

Posted

My favorite up to now, even better than the one in Scotland two seasons ago. That was real storytelling with credible emotions and loads of potential for future episodes. I will never feel the same about statues again.

*Then again, I did stare at the Michelangelo's Pietà in St. Peter's until Mary looked up.*

Posted

Actually I think the best of the new episodes for scaring people was The Empty child

as well as freaking out new children, it totally freaked my father. Set during war time with the little boy wearing a gas mask, asking - "Have you seen my mummy? are you my mummy?"

15.jpg

BBC Trailer : The Empty Child (requires realplayer)

Posted

Only trouble with The Empty Child is that Richard Wilson is in it, which is not a bad thing in itself but i kept thinking "what in the name of bloody hell".

Posted

I didn't see The Empty Child, but I did really like Blink. Definitely creepy, but in a cool sort of way. Odd that one of the best episodes focuses the least on the Doctor...

Posted

does anyone know what happened in the last series when Dr.Who got stranded on a planet and found the devil in a cave after the rest of the crew buggered off wihtout him...i watched it all the way to there (the end) and then missed the last few minutes!...as far as i can remember the devil wanted him for something...

Posted

Surprise surprise, look who wrote the Blink episode. Didn't he also write the Empty Child episode? (rhetorical)

Me thinks this guy should be in charge of commissioning scripts for Doctor Who. He understands how the show should be written. Children should be watching the show with brown pyjamas.

Posted

Ever since the show came back there hasn't been many crap ones. The Cybermen were a bit dissapointing last year especially when they got duffed up so easily by the Daleks. My favourite so far has been the Madam de Pompadur episode but somehow I still think Ecclestone was a slightly better Doc.

Saturday's put the willies up me and Mrs. Boba.

Posted

Actually I think the best of the new episodes for scaring people was The Empty child

as well as freaking out new children, it totally freaked my father. Set during war time with the little boy wearing a gas mask, asking - "Have you seen my mummy? are you my mummy?"

That one was 98% excellent, the other 2% being predictable. However, Captain Jack atoned for that - he is hot! Anyone would fall for those eyes (and does).

post-4788-1181631446.jpg

Posted

I haven't watched Doctor Who in a very long time, but when I was just a kid the episodes that scared the living crap out of me were "The Web of Fear" with the second Doc, Patrick Troughton.

God, those giant Yetis in the London tunnels and walking the streets... I didn't sleep well for a long time after that.

post-9625-1181631845.jpg

Posted

Children should be watching the show with brown pyjamas.

Never were sager words spoken.

Posted

That one was 98% excellent, the other 2% being predictable. However, Captain Jack atoned for that - he is hot! Anyone would fall for those eyes (and does).

post-4788-1181631446.jpg

ahhh yes but i don't think you are his type (wrong sex)

anyway I think he is back in next weeks episode,

Last weeks was very good, proving that David Tennant can direct as well as act

Posted

Read the text: Anyone would, and does.

Posted

I'll never be able to look at a statue in the same way again!

That's what Who does so beautifully - takes something everyday and ordinary and gives it a twist. There is now a generation of kids with an irrational fear of statues...

Posted

I'll never be able to look at a statue in the same way again!

That's what Who does so beautifully - takes something everyday and ordinary and gives it a twist. There is now a generation of kids with an irrational fear of statues...

I didn't catch this last series the first time around but I caught that 'Blink' episode on the BBC 3 rerun a couple of days ago and it scared the BeJesus out of me and my 12 year old daughter, she told me that every time she sees a statue now she gets the chills!

Posted

Well, the new Dr. Who has been announced by the BBC. Matt Smith (aged 26) steps in as the youngest ever to play the popular time-traveling character.

New Doctor Who Actor Is Youngest Ever

BBC: Jan 3, 2009 - Matt Smith has been named as the actor who will take over from David Tennant in Doctor Who - making him the youngest actor to take on the role. At 26, Smith is three years younger than Peter Davison when he signed up to play the fifth Doctor in 1981. Smith will first appear on TV screens as the 11th Doctor in 2010.

post-9625-1231007948.jpg

Posted

Funny, he was on TV last week! Together with Rose in the "Ruby in the smoke" Rose Tyler played Sally Lockhart and Matt played the cheeky cockney chappy Jim Taylor. But will he be a cockney as the Doctor? Gawd Blimey!

post-7126-1231010276.jpgpost-7126-1231010287.jpg

Posted

He gives a good impression in the interview, we'll see what he's like next year. He has huge shoes to fill after David Tennant, so I imagine it will be very mixed reviews.

Posted

I know I should reserve judgement until I've seen Matt Smith in action but I have to say I'm not thrilled at the prospect of watching his Doctor.

Still, I was proved wrong by Catherine Tate.

Posted

So has anyone else seen the new Doctor? I thought Matt Smith was pretty awesome. A good script helps too, but I think he'll do nicely.

Posted

I thought he was excellent (Easter puns aside). I LOVED the new tardis and theme tune. New assistant is great (and hot). I thought the storyline last night was good but I see it as an introduction for Smith and Gillan etc.