Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nightlife and nightclubs in Berlin

93 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm going to Berlin and wanna do something totally out of this world.

I'm looking at doing something other than visiting one of the babillion theatres.

Any ideas of something different?

Posted

Go to the Sony Center and people watch. After people watching go the Australian bar at the center.

Posted

Zapata in the Tacheles Art House is good

Great place if you like filth :wacko:

Posted

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi,

I'm coming to Berlin in about a week and would love any suggestions on where to go clubbing.

Aussie_Chick

Posted

If you're looking for something a bit different, I've heard tell of the Russendisko, which may be found either at Kaffee Burger or Rodina.

Posted

Where are the most trendiest places to hang out in Berlin at night? Which are not pretentious but sociable?

Posted

I went to the club at the top of the tower in the Europa Center. The DJ was so-so but the view was great and atmosphere was really hip.

Posted

Club Felix is cool. You have to dress up though.

Posted

I am going to have to strongly recomomend AGAINST the Matrix. Its horrible. The music is shit, the place is generic, and the people are either tourists who don't know any better, sleezy guys looking to pick up on girls, or clubbers that couldn't get in anywhere else. :)

My suggestion would be to check out Watergate or 103 in Kreuzberg, or Privat Club, depending on the night. Cassieopia in F'shain is also good but again it depends on the night. Music can range from hip hop to salsa to soul to electro, so it depends on what you are into. And yeah, Berghain is an experience but I wouldn't get there before 5 or 6 am if I were you. Things usually tend to get really good around that time, in general, in clubs here.

There's also a handful of seriously gritty, underground, amazing places scattered around the city where you will not (hopefully, no offense) find tourists, but you will find amazing people and an amazing party. You can PM me for that info if you'd like... didn't want to spread it around to just anyone. ;)

Posted

I'm staying in Berlin for a couple months and I was wondering what would be some good places to go clubbing? I'm a younger guy, 22, from the USA. Also, if anyone here has clubbed in the USA (LA area specifically), would you mind explaining some of the differences in USA clubbing to Berlin clubbing? I have no problem in the clubs in the USA, but the people in Berlin are entirely different. I've travelled extensively all over Europe and North America, but I have to say the people in Berlin are the biggest pricks in the world (no offense :P), hands down. Yes, I'm sure everyone is nicer once you get to know them, but how the hell is that possible when everyone is such an uptight ass to begin with... I'm pretty sure walking up to girls and introducing myself like I do in LA won't fly here in Berlin, so yeah, any tips would be excellent, just want to meet some people in this city

Topics merged by admin

Posted

Learn the language asshole...seems like you have a problem.And yep I been clubbing also in USA and believe me for pricks take no further look than your own backyard in LA.I bet youre just another american who has come to Europe to see the real world...amd boy its is different from your own self destructing,consuming USA.

But on a lighter note check out Q-dorf for hot chicks...I think they have a gay corner too so you`ll fit just snug there.

Posted

Nice attitude, bro. There's plenty of clubs in Charlottenburg who just love to cater to people like you.

Enjoy.

Posted

I'm pretty sure walking up to girls and introducing myself like I do in LA won't fly here in Berlin

No it won't. Wanna know a secret tip? To get a girl's attention here in Germany, wave your hand back and forth in front of your face (palm side facing your face).

It may sound strange, but it's a traditional Berlin flirting technique.

Works a charm every time.

You can thank me later ;)

Posted

I am going to be the odd one out here, and my German husband is too.. and say that yes, in a lot of hip hop clubs or normal discotheques you will run into some jerks.. Its totally different than in the US, and I have been all over the US east coast clubbing, and Europe...

What kind of music are you into?

maybe I can help you find a club with friendlier people..