Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hotels and guesthouses in Prague

47 posts in this topic

Posted

My family is coming to visit this summer and we want to go to Prague. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel that is somewhat centrally located and not too expensive? Thanks!

Posted

How much do you expect to pay? and for how many *?

Posted

Well there will be around 10-13 of us. Not really sure how much everyone expects to pay... maybe like 60-70€ for a double room... or cheaper. I've only stayed at hostels there and they were like 14€ a person...so I really have no idea how much a decent place is.

Posted

I just got a flyer in the mail yesterday about the Mandarin in Prague. 799 for a suite. I thought for sure it was a misprint.

I had some friends go last year, and they were able to rent a nice apartment for a week that they were all able to share for a great price. I'll see if I can find the website.

edit: damn. I know the site started with a v, but I can't find it. this didn't look bad though: apt in Prague

Posted

Erdbeere, I was gonna recomend the apartments as well, there is loads of them around the centre. I'm trying to find the ones we stayed in.

If you're only going for a weekend or so, hotel would be better.

I really like this Best Western Hotel http://www.hotel-kampa.info/ . Is centraly located. Prices my vary, depending on season.

Posted

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I would consider an apartment if we were goign for atleast a week..but it will only be 2 nights so I'd rather just get a hotel.

Here's another question... is it going to be hard to find a cheapic hotel that has air conditioning and an elevator? Some of the people I will be traveling with are kind of picky when it comes to that...they could actually afford a pretty good hotel but they want to stay with the rest of the group who really doesn't wanna spend alot on a room doesn't care about that stuff.

Posted

What about an ibis? One that could be suitable is the Ibis Smichov. Rooms are airconditioned and there are lifts.

Right by the hotel theres plenty of cafes restaurants etc and the metro next door is something like 2 or 3 stops to the main square, or go the scenic route by tram into town over the river if you please!

Prices are 99euro for a double room in the summer, but only 12 euro for an extra bed.

Right across the road (100 yards) theres a Mövenpick 4 star hotel if any of your visitors are a little more flush with cash, or also 100 yards away is the Hotel Andel's which is a seriously nice place. You can check out tripadvisor and you'll see that all 3 get pretty decent reviews.

Posted

Thanx exquisitius...I'll add those to my list of potentials.

Here are some others I have found...ahs anyone heard of any of these?

Casa Marcello

Cloister Inn

Betlam

U Tri Bubnu (three drums)

Accord Pension

Cerny Slon

7 Angels?

Thanks again!

Posted

I stayed at Hotel Anna last time I was there. Not so expensive, and not too far from the city centre.

Posted

My family is coming to visit

Well there will be around 10-13 of us.

You not indian are you ? :P

Anyway, I could recommend

King George's House (Dum "U krale Jiriho) or Unitas Pension and Art Prison both are central, cheap, clean and the second mentioned was actually a prison!

Posted

Cloister inn is a favourite of my best mate at home. Service there is excellent but the price was always a little on the high side for me traveling on my own. (just checked and indeed 136 for a single room per night in june and 10 euro more for a double).

If you are happy to pay 150 per night for a double room then you will absolutely not be disapointed.

Location by the way is between the main square and the charles bridge, which is as central as you are going to get.

Posted

ok thanks I will check out those other places.

And no I'm not Indian :P Its my parents, sister and some other relatives. And my family doesn't mind roughin it, but the relatives like to live in luxury...I think they r gonna hate it here :huh:

Posted

sorry - I meant to say my friends rented the apartment for a weekend, not a week. I know what you mean about just preferring a hotel though. Still, nice to have a place to have breakfast in together without paying an arm and a leg. If you're relatives are picky, I'm willing to bet they will not like a pension...

Posted

La Boutique. Has great prices on Expedia ;)

Posted

Check out: www.europa-reisen-muenchen.de We paid EUR 99,- per person last minute, for luxury coach to Prague from Munich and back and 2 nights in 4 star hotel not far from centre. Don't buy Czech money on the coach - you can get a better exchange rate if you shop around in Prague!

Posted

Hi TTers,

I'm planning a trip for two to Czech Republic for the nearest long weekend. Particularly to Praha (Prague). Can you recommend me something worth visiting, something really famous there and something which you found of great interest to you? Is it possible to book a place in a hotel/pension/apartment without having a credit card? Which of them is the cheapest form of accommodation?

Posted

The Axa Hotel's not bad and is just round the corner from the main square. Rooms are nice and have balconies etc and secure...

Posted

Although my trip to Czech was wanderful I'd definitelly NOT recommed a hostel called 'Spus'. The receptionists are not nice and the hostel is really poor standard.

Posted

Am looking to spend this Saturday night there, looking for something very nice, special even. Price not a huge issue, but romance is and proximity to city centre!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted

We didnt stay here, but while in Prague I wrote down the name and info for this hotel, as the location was awesome (city center and close to all sights and good restaurants around) and was pretty cute from the outside. Just looked like a cute, nice hotel... dont know about it being over the top romantic though.

Hotel U Klenotnika (http://www.uklenotnika.cz/index_en.htm)

Good reviews on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...ue_Bohemia.html

Posted

Thanks, will check it out :-). Doesn´t have to be OTT, just an escape from everyday life :-)

Posted

Hi there

I am not normally one to post on this site but we have just returned from a short break to Prague. A wonderful city which is well worth a visit if you have not already been. However the reason for my post is the little gem I found to stay at. Please see link. http://www.arcadiaresidence.com/

It is not in the centre of Prague but a few minutes stroll to the tram stop and a very quick and efficient service into town (four stops). The hotel owner walked us to the tram stops on our first day there. This guy cannot do enough for you and will go the extra mile to make your holiday a pleasure. NOTHING was to much trouble for him. This place is truely unique.

A read on Tripadvisor will also give more info.

I spent hours looking for accommodation ... maybe this will save you time.

Have fun

Posted

Thanks for sharing this info. It looks like quite a nice place to stay in Prague.

Posted

Hotel Antik

Great hotel in Prague! Walking distance of everything, quiet, historic, quaint, beautiful garden/courtyard for breakfast, over an antique shop where you eat breakfast when it's cold, can't get a better location... Just perfect.

(_)ß

Posted

I just booked myself into art hotel prague through booking.com. I was just wondering if anyone new anything about it. We booked two double rooms for four people. The hotel had good reviews on booking.com and it was pretty much all I could find under 100 euros per room per night in the center area.