Pediatricians in Berlin (various districts)

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Can anyone recommend a pediatrician in Prenzlauer Berg? Better English speaking.

For our 2 month old daughter check-up and vaccination.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Posted

Hello!

I was wondering if you ever found a good peditrician in Berlin? Or if you have any recommendations for any?

Do you know any that speak a little English?

Thank you! Stephanie

Posted

Dr. Friedemann Maechler & Dr. Sabine Panzer-Heinig

Bismarckstr. 62

10627 Berlin

Berlin / Deutschland

Telefon: 0 30 / 3 41 55 34

they have a joint practice and both speak English (although Dr. Maechler is the more fluent of the two)

I think they are both excellent pediatricians. I'm not sure if the office staff speak English, but they are friendly and easy to deal with

Posted

Thanks for your suggestion! :)

For anyone else who is looking I also have 2 recommendations:

1 . I have also found a very nice German pediatrician that reads English but unfortunately doesn't speak it. She is thorough and has wonderful bedside manners. Her name is DR. Ulrike Kroeber and she is in the Poliklinik on Prenzlauer Promenade. I found her staff very friendly and helpful. One of the nurses there also speaks basic english.

2. I DO NOT recommend Dr. Knut Abels located on Knackstrasse off the M2 tram line. The Dr himself is nice enough and he has very flexible hours BUT his front desk nurse Bettina is very unprofessional and rude. She yelled at me for asking for a Dr's note for work when my son was sick, she was very unhelpful with explaining things, and she was condescending when she was unable to understand my German. My German is about mid level.

SO proceed with caution and bring a translator if you need to use him.

Posted

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a pediatrician in Wilmersdorf?

Thanks!

Posted

We just started using Dr. henry Hubermann

Helgolandstrasse 1

14199 Berlin-Wilmersdorf

030 636 1888

I like him a lot.

Posted

Hello

I thoroughly recommend the praxis of Drs Karsten, Rugo and Wagner. Drs Karsten and Wagner both speak good English

Aßmannshauser Str. 11A

14197 Berlin

030 / 8228947

Sharon

Posted

What about any good English-speaking pediatricians in Kreuzberg...I am desperate to find one. I don't like the pediatrician that we go to and I would really like to change. Any suggestions?

Posted

I am looking for a good English-speaking pediatrician in Kreuzberg. I am not happy with my current pediatrician and desperate to change to a new one. If anybody knows any good pediatricians located in Kreuzberg, preferably English-speaker I would appreciate it. Thanks

Topics merged by admin

Posted

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a friendly, reliable pediatrician/kinderarzt in Prenzlauer Berg? I heard they're all pretty fully booked and waiting times are long, is that true? And do they, because of that, only take on patients who live close by? I live on Helmholtzplatz and only know of one Kinderarzt around here, Dr. Richter.

Anyway, can anyone answer my questions? Thanks in advance!

Topics merged by admin

Posted

Hi Fraulein grun - we also tried to make an appt with Dr Richter about 1.5 years ago and were told it was impossible. I was contemplating whether to try again, thought I'd just stop by the offie with son and see what happened but wondered what were you told when you tried -? Thanks

Posted

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good Paediatrician in Neukoelln preferably with some level of English (I am working hard on learning baby/doctor related German but some assistance with the doctor speaking some English would be good). If not in Neukoelln then somewhere nearby such as Kreuzberg?

Many thanks

Topics merged by admin

Posted

I just brought my son to Dr. Henry Hubermann in Wilmersdorf (recommended by someone else here already) and I would recommend him as well - very friendly doctor and staff, and they have many non-German patients and are comfortable speaking English. The waiting room has fun toys and books, and a fast slide. See website http://www.kinderarzt-hubermann.de/

Posted

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

My family just moved to Berlin and we are in urgent need to find an English speaking paediatrician. My 11 month old son had a fever last night and I am quite concerned...since we don't really know anyboday here. Can anyone recommend a good paediatrician?

I would also like to find out the cost for visiting a doctor. We have purchased travel insurance so all the medical expenses are covered, but we will have to pay in advance. It would be very helpful to know the cost ahead of time.

thanks so much for your help

hopeless mom

Posted

I had a very good experience with pediatrician Dr. Henry Hubermann (Helgolandstrasse 1, Wilmersdorf ... phone 030 / 636 1888). Our visit cost about 50 Euros, though it was a "well-child" visit, checkup for starting school. I spoke German with him but he does speak English with no problem, and his staff is willing to speak English as well.

Also, not a pediatrician, but a general practitioner I have seen is Dr. Sylvia Kollmann, recommended by others on this site. She is American, likes to have English speaking patients, and a good doctor. Nassauische Strasse 25, also in Wilmersdorf; Her number is 030 / 873 8303

Good luck!

Posted

Hope your son is ok, its a real worry when they have a fever. If you haven't found one by now I can recommend Dr Elke Martens on Innsbrucker Strasse 5, 030-7811082.

If you can't get an appointment anywhere and are still worried, you can use the A+E childrens facility at St Josef Krankenhaus, I have taken my daughter there a couple of times and the doctors all speak good english and are really friendly and patient. The receptionists don't all speak fluent english but you'll be able to convey your concerns. As I don't know where you are in Berlin there may be a closer childs' A+E dept, but I can only recommend St Josef: http://www.sjk.de/Kontakt.57.0.html. The childrens hospital dept is on Gontermannstr.

Posted

Hello there! I use a great guy - he's German but speaks great english. Dr. Alexander Shoffer and his number is 030 892 5405. Best of luck with things.

Vanessa

Posted

Do you have his address or website? Thanks!

Feng

Posted

Totally unrelated but the OP should get a local health insurance if she is going to live in Germany.