Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yellow rubbish sacks for recycling plastic waste

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I've seen that germans use a special yellow bag to recycle paper and plastic packaging.

I've never seen them in any store until now. So.. Do you know where I can find (buy) them?

Thanks

Posted

I don't know where they get them, but I do know that there's no point in sorting out your plastics unless you know that they will collect them separately. In Munich itself, it's just paper, compost and regular trash.

Posted

in Freising you pick up your biosakle and you gelbe sakle at the wirtstofhof. Dont know where you would get them in munich or if they do such a thing.

Posted

In Erlangen they were delivered yearly to your house.

Posted

I've seen that germans use a special yellow bag to recycle paper and plastic packaging.

This is not quite true everywhere and depends upon your local authority.

Until the beginning of this year, Markt Schwaben had the usual containers for verpackung all around the town. We were responsible for depositing the relevant recycling items in these and we had never heard of any "yellow sack" scheme.

Suddenly, we were all given a supply of the yellow sacks and told that as from 2007, Markt Schwaben were subscribing to the "gelbe sack" scheme. This is run by a private enterprise and offers an alternative to having the verpackung containers around town. All these containers have now been removed and we have to keep all recycling rubbish in these yellow bags for collection only once per month!

We also received a note saying that extra bags are available free of charge from our Rathaus.

Last time I looked in the Rathaus, they had a sign telling people from which office they could BUY more yellow sacks :angry:

So, the yellow sack scheme depends upon your local authority.

Either containers that you can use as and when you want. or yellow bags that you have to store for a month and then leave on the street / pavement so that they can be collected.

MT

Posted

Just to add:

The Hausverwaltung for my small building have said that we MUST NOT (yes, it was emphasised) put the yellow sacks in the building where the rubbish bins are stored. We must keep them in our homes or cellars (which are already full of personal things).

Also, the Hausmeister will be told not to take out any yellow sacks that are left in there.

We are also asked to wash all rubbish before putting it into yellow sacks.

Errrrmm... looks like a major waste of energy to me - having to wash rubbish before throwing it away!

The result of all this is that everyone here tends to throw all rubbish in the normal "restmüll" bins for the first three weeks of the four-week cycle. Then use the yellow sacks just for the last week before collection so they can be seen to be doing something.

Personally, whenever I have a full sack, I drop it into the verpackung container in the next village which I pass daily.

MT

Posted

Up North you can get these (Gelbe Sack) for free at Kloppenburg, Budni etc.

The cashier has them. Just ask.

Posted

here in Mannheim, I got mine at the local DM (Drogerie Markt). had to ask the cashier.

Posted

HEM & Elfenstar,

that's fine, but are you living in cities / towns which subscribe to this scheme?

Although I don't live IN Munich, I'm not far away and so far I am now aware of the yellow sack scheme being used there.

MT

Posted

Is there no-one from Munich online this morning who can help aero?

Posted

Thanks everyone, I realize that I should change my profile to say that I'm living in Taufkirchen (Landkreis Munchen).

Here I've seen these "yellow bags" full of trash about twice a month on the streets.

I think I will go and ask to "rathaus" what exactly should I do. I remember seeing some time ago a pack of "yellow bags" in front of a neighbour's door so maybe I just have to request them from somewhere.

Posted

HEM & Elfenstar, that's fine, but are you living in cities / towns which subscribe to this scheme?

Although I don't live IN Munich, I'm not far away and so far I am now aware of the yellow sack scheme being used there.

hey malt, yeah mannheim subscribes to the yellow bag scheme. twice a month they come and pick them up.

in esslingen, where i used to live, they also particpated in it, but i understand for the really large cities, it could be a logistical nightmare. could explain why only works outside of munich (for guys like aero who live in the surroundings).

Posted

Aero, now that I know your neighbours have the bags, I would suggest you break down, introduce yourself to one of them and ask where they got them.

Posted

Aero, we get ours free from the Rathaus. We are out in the sticks near the Ammersee.

Posted

@Showem: to do that would be to admit to breaking the law; in Freising at least, you get fined if you don't use or misuse the Gelbe Säcke.

Posted

The system works different from council to council and Munich CITY is behind the rest of the country on that score, indeed even way behind my UK local authority! :lol:

On the issue of washing, when you have washed up just put the plastics in the water at the end innit and rinse out.

Posted

I think we get them in the mailbox every year or so, and we have loads extra because we never use them all. But I m not sure, I'd have to ask my parents. The town is Neubiberg, a suburb of Munich.

Posted

You get them at the Rathaus. Sometimes they are free and sometimes they cost depending on where you live. You can also buy diaper bags if you need extra space for throwing them out. The Rathaus will have all the info and fee schedules for you.

Posted

I am in Schenefeld and I cannot understand this plastic recycle. I was supposed to see yellow bins but I cannot see them. Looking on Internet it seems that this night it should be a plastic recycle,but no indications...