Proxy servers for online TV and video viewing

95 posts in this topic

Posted

Some people have mentioned using a proxy server to watch some TV shows online that are blocked to European IPs. I've gone though most of the list here, but none of them worked. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Posted

Stayinvisible has a list, otherwise simply Google for "Anonymous Proxy" to find others. You are unlikely to get a lot of success downloading video streams, even if you find one that works (they change regularly) as the proxy diversion slows down the datastream dramatically.

Posted

try downloading the tvu player as it has some of the american channels on it.

Link is here - TVU Player

I am using it since before christmas and it is pretty good quality wise. Managed to watch the superbowl a few weeks ago live on american tv before falling asleep due to boredom after 5 minutes of the game!

Posted

I just thought I'd get this thread going again to see if any techies out there can come up with a better solution. I'm sure several of you on here are (were!) Pandora users but that's no longer possible if your IP address gives away the fact that you're based in Germany. So, anyone know a Web site that can provide a free proxy server? I really liked that site so would like to get it back. Cheers.

Posted

www.proxy4free.com/

Posted

I´ve been watching a UK based TV service online using the Slypimp proxy server for about 8 months now.Today after entering the TV service address and hitting GO!! nothing happened,just a blank screen.

Can anybody help me ?? Or does somebody have another good free Proxy server.

HELP !!!

Topics merged by admin

Posted

I'm assuming the website you are talking about is www.tvcatchup.com

I was reading the forum yesterday. They had a huge number of people from Scandanavia try and get on to watch the Formula One the other day. This is a big deal for them as they would be breaking the law letting these people watch English TV.

So they have changed their security system. I was a bit worried this would affect us as well and it appears that may be the case. They can easily tell where someone is even if we are using an english proxy.

If that is the case, the only good news is that there are a lot of discussions going on at the moment about opening up European TV so we could watch english TV without the proxy and it would be legal. Someone was mentioning this may happen in the next couple of months but don't hold your breath.

Posted

is there another proxy we can use? cos ive been having problems with skypimp for a while now it refuses to open the >>>brit tv<<< site up so just gave up trying in the end

Posted

A recent post from the tvcatchup forum:

Please be aware that moderators shall check the IP address of anyone requesting help and if a proxy appears to be being used in a deliberate attempt to circumvent geo-blocking, then we shall summarily ban that user, delete the posting and may well summarily block the entire IP range of the proxy involved. All IP details implicated in such occurrences will be logged.

A word of friendly advice to those who think they know better than us. Users of proxies should be aware that they are not anonymous, regardless of what the website they are using may say. The video streams are served directly to the viewer, therefore the viewers' IP real address is not concealed

This only applies to a tiny percentage of people accessing this website, but our position on this will be final.

Posted

I just tried http://www.slypimp.com/ on the browser Google Chrome and it worked fine but it wasn't working on Firefox

Posted

strange that it wont work on firefox nomore

thanks RK ill download that Chrome if theres no chance of getting it to work on firefox

Posted

Look in to TOR. It works better than anything else that has been mentioned thus far.

/thread

Posted

Hi All,

Slypimp isn't working for me anymore just getting a blank page... can anyone help me get UK TV back please???

Thanks

JimJam

Posted

1. Get Firefox

2. add on Foxy Proxy

3. use Foxy proxy instructions on how to set up BBC iplayer and their proxy lists to find a working proxy.

4. badabing, badaboom

Posted

Really stupid question here - but does the proxy need to be UK based to bypass the iPlayer country restrictions?

Posted

Look in to TOR. It works better than anything else that has been mentioned thus far.

/thread

Tor was never designed for this kind of stuff and you are somewhat of a lazy asshole if you use it for this purpose.  It was more for people with no voice due to political reasons/impairments to have a voice than to let you watch your precious BBC/American tv or download your l33t like jeffK warez

/rant

Posted

"Access Denied

Access to TVCatchup via a proxy is not permitted.

If you are located within the United Kingdom you can use TVCatchup via

your regular broadband connection. All UK ISPs are now supported! "

This is what I got on my tv the other day , after 5 months of viewing. bastards

Posted

I suspect you are all talking about freebie proxies here. Could it be that a paid-for proxy such as described on the foxyproxy website or at my-private-network would escape being blocked by UK TV providers? Anybody know for sure? (Can't check this out myself - still no DSL in this district of Dresden.)