Cheapest mobile phone service providers

192 posts in this topic

Posted

I know it's been discussed several times before but things & prices change so quickly these days...

So, what's the best deal in Münich at the moment? I don't want to spend too much, perhaps less than €10 - 15 per month which includes free minutes, SMS, and obviously a fairly decent phone with camera (flip open style ideal). T-Mobile, O2, Vodaphone??

I remember awhile back that O2 were offering free calls within the Münich area but that might be for a particular tariff.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted

Tchibo came out with cell phones, might be crap but probably worth a look.

Posted

If you're thinking mainly about the mobile itself try following this link http://www7.guenstiger.de

they basically tell you where all the cheapest deals for electrical/tele goods can be found - you also get to compare brands etc.

As regards the best tarifs, see what e-plus offer, then call t-mobile and ask them if they can offer you something better - they usually will.

good luck

Posted

I cancelled my contract at my old mobile phone company called Vodaphone. It was too expensive. I am looking for a new one. O2 seems to have good prices.

I also want to change from Telekom to another phone company. Any recommendations?

Posted

I just switched to Tchibo. It uses the same nework as O2 but is cheaper (at least for prepay) and I don't have to sign up for 2 years- I can end my contract any time.

Plus I can take my old number and transfer it.

I'm impressed so far...

Posted

0² Genion, comes with the Homezone for cheap, cheap calls. The 10€ a month deal will suit all but the biggest chatterboxes.

Posted

O2 Genion Card S-Online, SIM card without phone. 19 cents per minute to any network, 3 cents per minute to landlines when you are in homezone.

-No monthly rates

-Homezone available

-No minimum contract time

Posted

thank you!

minga: tha is what I want to get but can I stick the card into any phone?

Posted

what is homezone?

Posted

You can stick it into any phone that is unlocked. If your previous phone is a pay-as-you-go, then chances are it will be locked to Vodaphone and you won't be able to use the O² SIM. However, you will get a new phone with the O² contract anyway. And it is generally possible to unlock phones, if you do the relevant research on the internet.

Posted

I want to have a new phone. If I take the offer Minqa mentioned I have to pay the phone all at once since there is no monthly rate.

Posted

Order the SIM card online and buy the phone from somewhere else. You may get a better deal on the phone.

Posted

wow Timmeh! That is the cheapest so far I have read and heard about.

I cancelled my contract at Vodaphone for May 12th - last day. Can I order the sim card and keep my old number?

Also do you think telecom is a rip off?

Posted

Easymobile do 4c/min to easy mobile network, 14c to any other network. No monthly fees. Order the sim card online at www.easymobile.de

Careful. I see it's a 60/60 takt. In other words they charge only complete minutes so a 65 second call is charges as a 120 second call = 28 cents. Tchibo (and others) are 60/1 i.e. full first minute and then per second after... so a 65 second call is charged for 65 seconds = 16.25 cents. Big difference!

Posted

speakfreak: that is such good advice. I think I will stick to the o2 offer. hope that that is not a 60/60 takt.

Posted

Anyone except O2. The worst customer service I have experienced anywhere in Germany.

Posted

I went from O2 to easymobile, I have cut my spending by 2/3. It doesn't matter that for me that it's 60/60, 99% of my phone calls are under a minute

Posted

wow Timmeh! That is the cheapest so far I have read and heard about.

I cancelled my contract at Vodaphone for May 12th - last day. Can I order the sim card and keep my old number?

you can keep your number altho it costs for you to do this

Posted

Timmeh: which net is easymobile using. Is it T - Mobile.

Also, I checked their site and did not understand - can you also order a prepaid card?

Posted

Yep, it is only prepaid. Someone who's a bit more in the know will tell you but I believe it's D1 network

Posted

so you think this is much better than o2?

the deal mentioned above with o2 is the cheapest I have seen so far but if the service is bad then I will get a prepaid card from easymobile.

I also heard that the reception for 02 is not good since they do not have many atenas etc. do you have reception problems with easymobile?

Posted

I think EasyMobile is the same as Callmobile. They changed the name.

Can anyone answer this?

Posted

so you think this is much better than o2?

It has worked out to be substantially cheaper than O2 around 3 x cheaper.

I also heard that the reception for 02 is not good since they do not have many atenas etc. do you have reception problems with easymobile?

It's much of a muchness, I find that certain areas are better with O2 and certain areas better with Easymobile. But in reality, I havenb't really had any major issues with either carrier in terms of coverage.