Cheapest mobile phone service providers

192 posts in this topic

Posted

I know it's been discussed several times before but things & prices change so quickly these days...

So, what's the best deal in Münich at the moment? I don't want to spend too much, perhaps less than €10 - 15 per month which includes free minutes, SMS, and obviously a fairly decent phone with camera (flip open style ideal). T-Mobile, O2, Vodaphone??

I remember awhile back that O2 were offering free calls within the Münich area but that might be for a particular tariff.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted

Tchibo came out with cell phones, might be crap but probably worth a look.

Posted

If you're thinking mainly about the mobile itself try following this link http://www7.guenstiger.de

they basically tell you where all the cheapest deals for electrical/tele goods can be found - you also get to compare brands etc.

As regards the best tarifs, see what e-plus offer, then call t-mobile and ask them if they can offer you something better - they usually will.

good luck

Posted

I cancelled my contract at my old mobile phone company called Vodaphone. It was too expensive. I am looking for a new one. O2 seems to have good prices.

I also want to change from Telekom to another phone company. Any recommendations?

Posted

I just switched to Tchibo. It uses the same nework as O2 but is cheaper (at least for prepay) and I don't have to sign up for 2 years- I can end my contract any time.

Plus I can take my old number and transfer it.

I'm impressed so far...

Posted

0² Genion, comes with the Homezone for cheap, cheap calls. The 10€ a month deal will suit all but the biggest chatterboxes.

Posted

O2 Genion Card S-Online, SIM card without phone. 19 cents per minute to any network, 3 cents per minute to landlines when you are in homezone.

-No monthly rates

-Homezone available

-No minimum contract time

Posted

thank you!

minga: tha is what I want to get but can I stick the card into any phone?

Posted

what is homezone?

Posted

You can stick it into any phone that is unlocked. If your previous phone is a pay-as-you-go, then chances are it will be locked to Vodaphone and you won't be able to use the O² SIM. However, you will get a new phone with the O² contract anyway. And it is generally possible to unlock phones, if you do the relevant research on the internet.

Posted

I want to have a new phone. If I take the offer Minqa mentioned I have to pay the phone all at once since there is no monthly rate.

Posted

Order the SIM card online and buy the phone from somewhere else. You may get a better deal on the phone.

Posted

wow Timmeh! That is the cheapest so far I have read and heard about.

I cancelled my contract at Vodaphone for May 12th - last day. Can I order the sim card and keep my old number?

Also do you think telecom is a rip off?

Posted

Easymobile do 4c/min to easy mobile network, 14c to any other network. No monthly fees. Order the sim card online at www.easymobile.de

Careful. I see it's a 60/60 takt. In other words they charge only complete minutes so a 65 second call is charges as a 120 second call = 28 cents. Tchibo (and others) are 60/1 i.e. full first minute and then per second after... so a 65 second call is charged for 65 seconds = 16.25 cents. Big difference!

Posted

speakfreak: that is such good advice. I think I will stick to the o2 offer. hope that that is not a 60/60 takt.

Posted

Anyone except O2. The worst customer service I have experienced anywhere in Germany.

Posted

I went from O2 to easymobile, I have cut my spending by 2/3. It doesn't matter that for me that it's 60/60, 99% of my phone calls are under a minute

Posted

wow Timmeh! That is the cheapest so far I have read and heard about.

I cancelled my contract at Vodaphone for May 12th - last day. Can I order the sim card and keep my old number?

you can keep your number altho it costs for you to do this

Posted

Timmeh: which net is easymobile using. Is it T - Mobile.

Also, I checked their site and did not understand - can you also order a prepaid card?