English-speaking midwives in Berlin (Hebamme)

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I live in Mitte Berlin and am finding it difficult to find an English speaking midwife that will visit me at home after the birth. Most are found in Lichtefelde and Charlottenburg but they say it is too far to travel. Does anyone know of an English speaking midwife who works in the area of mitte. Thanks

Posted

thanks for the info Nancy.

Posted

Hello all!

I have just discovered Toytown and thought that this would be a great way to let people know a bit about me.

I am an American and just started working with a birth house in Prenzlauer Berg- www.geburtshaus-maja.de

If there is anyone out there in need of pregnancy related healthcare or childbirth classes please feel free to contact me!

hebammevanessa@yahoo.de

Posted

hi bec-

i saw your message about having a hard time finding a midwife. my name is vanessa and i am a midwfe who works and lives in prenzlauerberg. email me so that i can we can exchange ideas! mitte and p. berg are next to eachother so wochenbett/post-partum care should not be too hard to arrange.

hebammevanessa@yahoo.de

ciao!

Posted

Hi

I am pregnant and looking for a beleghebamme, can anybody recommend an english speaking, friendly hebamme?? I would like a beleghebamme as I can guarantee that she will be there at the hospital for the birth and will speak english.

Thanks Naidene

Topics merged by admin

Posted

Hello

I am three months pregnant and need to find an English Speaking Midwife in the Charlottenburg area.

Does anyone have any contacts?

Also I would like to give birth in the West End Hospital - how do I make an appointment to look around? I have looked at the website but cannot find a section for Giving Birth.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fibi

Posted

Hey everyone,

My visits from my midwife are sadly coming to an end now that my son is reaching 8 weeks soon! I wanted to recommend her to everyone who is living in the Neukölln, Kreuzberg areas (she does do visits to some areas of Friedrichshain but not the whole bezirk). She is German and speaks Fluent English. She has been absolutely fantastic and my time before and after the birth of my little one would have been very very different without her. I cannot speak highly enough of her. She works out of Neukölln Klinikum and isn't a beleghebamme. Her number is 030 8322 0346. If anyone has any questions regarding her or about Neukölln Klinikum as that's where I gave birth than feel free to contect me.

Sarah

Posted

1. Here is contact info for the DRK Westend - you can call and ask (in English) when the next "open house" is for parents to be:

http://www.drk-kliniken-berlin.de/English_...ion.1088.0.html

I recommend registering your due date as soon as possible - DRK fills up quickly. If you decide on a different hospital, you can always cancel.

2. Here is an online listing of hebammen (midwives) in Berlin

www.berliner-hebammenverband.de

when I clicked on Charlottenburg and selected English speaker I got these results...

Geburtshaus Charlottenburg

14050 Berlin, Spandauer Damm 130, Tel. 325 68 09

G Sv Gvb Rbg

Risikobetreuung, Wassergeburten, Gästezimmer, Infoabend 1. u. 3.Mo. im Monat 19.30 Uhr

www.geburtshausberlin.de

Sprachen: Engl., Span., Ital.,

Martina Balzk

12163 Berlin, Markelstraße 34, Tel. 81 05 57 02

Sv Gvb

Risikobetreuung, Naturheilkunde, Hilfe bei BEL

Sprachen: Engl., Port.,

Simone Bläsing

14059 Berlin, Horstweg 33, Tel. 323 31 84

H Sv Gvb Rbg

Einzelgebvorb., Hilfe bei BEL, Wassergeburten, Woendgebvorb.

www.hebammenpraxis-bäuchlinge.de

Sprachen: Engl.,

Beata Britzke

10715 Berlin, Schrammstraße 8, Tel. 825 38 02

Sv Gvb

Homöopathie, Moxa, Naturheilkunde, Hilfe bei BEL, Einzelgebvorb., Woendgebvorb., Risikobetreuung

Sprachen: Span., Engl.,

Anke Dahl

10629 Berlin, Mommsenstraße 53, Tel. 32 76 62 65

Sv

Hilfe bei BEL, Akupunktur

Dagmar Emons

12205 Berlin, Finckensteinallee 84, Tel. 0179-5254099

Sv Gvb Rbg

Klass. Homöopathie, Hilfe bei BEL, Risikobetreuung, Einzelgebvorb.

Sprachen: Engl., Franz.,

Stephanie Friederich

10629 Berlin, Wilmersdorfer Straße 107, Tel. 31 99 72 86

Gvb Rbg

Rückbildung mit Yoga, Naturheilkunde, Hilfe bei BEL, Einzelgebvorb., Risikobetreuung

www.deine-hebamme.com

Katharina Hausmann

10825 Berlin, Kufsteiner Straße 2, Tel. 32 70 58 72

Sv Gvb Rbg

Cantienica®-Beckenbodentraining, Hömöopathie, Einzelgebvorb.

www.k-hausmann.com

Kathrin Meyer

14197 Berlin, Laubenheimer Straße 8, Tel. 325 83 51

B Sv

Akupunktur, Moxa, Aromatherapie

Margarete Omotoye

10585 Berlin, Behaimstraße 10, Tel. 34 70 43 76

Sv Gvb

Naturheilkunde, Risikobetreuung, Woendgebvorb.

www.hebamme-margarete.de

Barbara Schlosser

10717 Berlin, Holsteinische Straße 6, Tel. 88 67 69 33

Gvb Rbg

Einzelgebvorb., Risikobetreuung, Familienhebamme

Sprachen: Engl.

Gerlinde Skupin

14129 Berlin, Matterhornstraße 104, Tel. 312 99 13

H Sv Gvb Rbg

Gebvorb. f. Paare ab dem 2. Kind, Homöopathie, Naturheilkunde, Risikobetreuung, Woendgebvorb.

www.hebammenbetreuung.net

Miriam Strecker

14050 Berlin, Akazienallee 44, Tel. 33 77 28 28

Sv Gvb

Gebvorb. f.Paare ab dem 2. Kind, Gebvorb. f. Frauen, Risikobetreuung, Hilfe bei BEL, Homöopathie, Naturheilkunde

Jitka Weber

10553 Berlin, Beusselstraße 63, Tel. 66 40 85 57

H B Sv Gvb Rbg

Akupunktur, Einzelgebvorb., Hilfe bei BEL, Woendgebvorb., Naturheilkunde

www.hebammerei-berlin.de

Posted

Hiya,

Sarah recommended her midwife in Neukölln. She was mine as well and I can highly recommend her to everyone. She was a star. Her name is Julia Isaksen and her number is 83220346.

Posted

Hi, I am new to Toytown, and seem to have trouble finding recent posts... Hoping someone will read this. I am looking for an english speaking hebamme for my Wochenbett who is prepared to work in Friedrichshain - this seems to be a problem for many who only work in other suburbs. i am preferably trying to find someone with at least 5 years experience, as the only ones I have found so far are barely out of training, and I am just not comfortable with that (particularly if they don't have kids themselves).

I have the lists etc, but many seem to not return phonecalls, or those who have are not available, so I am hoping for a more personal recommendation.

Any help please?

thanks,

pen

Posted

Here is a friend of ours.

Name Hebamme Nancy Stone

Strasse Am Vierling 20

Plz 14163

Ort Berlin

Telefon 83 22 99 50

Kontakt Nancy Stone

Angebot

Titel Hebamme Nancy Stone

Thema Akupunktur.

Zielgruppe Schwangere

Angebot

Titel Hebamme Nancy Stone (englisch)

Thema Akupunktur.

Zielgruppe Schwangere

Sonstiges Englisch native speaker.

Sprache Englisch

Posted

Hello everyone. Hope you are all staying warm! I am pregnant and due in late June/early July. We are tentatively planning on having our baby at Westend. However, I have tried finding a Hebamme (midwife) and everyone I have called so far is going on vacation in July. There has to be other women in Berlin who give birth in the summer. Does anyone have any recommendations? Preferably, she would have to speak English and serve the area Charlottenburg. I have had only one so far suggest that her "substitute" replacement come for 3-4 weeks but what is the point if she will be gone for over half the time I need her?

Thanks in advance.

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Posted

Hi Clevername,

I took the liberty of merging your post with the existing thread on English-speaking midwives in Berlin. In particular, the link to the midwives' association provided above by sunny should be very helpful in finding someone. I can also highly recommend the staff at Geburtshaus Charlottenburg from personal experience. They're located on the Westend campus.

Good luck!

Posted

Thank you JeffZ. I saw that list and have called many on the list to no avail. I also wanted to go to Geburtshaus Charlottenburg but unfortunately, I didn't qualify to give birth there. Do they have midwife services beyond who has their baby there?

Posted

I believe all their midwives are Beleghebammen at Westend, which means they're qualified to assist (meaning: direct) births at Westend if you need to be transferred there mid-labor, as my wife did, but I'm not sure if they offer their services outside the Geburtshaus. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you called and asked, however - perhaps they could even give you a recommendation or two.

I also highly recommend their childbirth preparation courses, which you can take even if you're not planning on having your baby there.

Posted

Hi,

I am planning on giving birth at Geburtshaus Charlottenburg in a few weeks (!) and when we talked about what would happen if I needed to be transferred to Westend, they mentioned that they actually are not allowed to work in the Klinik anymore. They did say that many of the doctors and midwives there do speak English so that is a comfort if I do end up there. I know that the Geburtshaus has a whole team of English speaking midwives there (including mine - but I am not sure if she officially works in Charlottenburg). I would definitely give them a call or an email (I know I much prefer emailing in German than calling).

Good luck,

Ali

Posted

Hi,

I'm newly pregnant (due April 2011) and am trying to find an English-speaking midwife working in Friedrichshain. I understand German (although speaking is more difficult) but ideally I'd like to find a Beleghebamme who is a native-speaker or fluent in English. I would also prefer a personal recommendation rather than ringing random names on list. If anyone has any current information they can pass on I would really appreciate it! Also, any tips/advice on hospitals and Geburtshaeuser are most welcome.

Many thanks!

Posted

I gave birth at the Vivantes Klinikum in Friedrichshain and it was brilliant, though I speak German so that was an advantage. They do have Beleghebammen. Your best bet is to look here and maybe go through the list (if there's a B in the 3rd column and an E in the last one, you're onto a winner) and ask the Hebammen where they are 'belegt'

Go to the open evenings of the Geburtshäuser and hospitals near you and that, along with finding a Hebamme you like and knowing where she works will help you make an informed decision.

Best of luck!

Posted

I had a fantastic birth and postpartum experience and can strongly recommend both my midwife and where I gave birth. I started at Geburtshaus Charlottenburg but due to complications I ended up at Westend. The whole situation was handled so superbly. The 3 midwives at the Geburtshaus were with me throughout the transfer and they secured an English speaking midwife for me. Throughout my whole birth experience my husband and I were able to speak English which really helped us relax. (Ok, the three days postpartum in the hospital we had to speak German because of the nurses but most of them were really nice!)

My midwife was the amazing Vanessa Tilp, an American, who happens to also work at Geburtshaus Charlottenburg but she came to me in Friedrichshain for my postpartum time. She was simply fantastic and I can't recommend her highly enough. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Ali