Christmas trees (real ones)

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anybody know whether it is possible to buy somewhere in Munich a real Christmas Tree alive (with roots and everything...!) and then give it back after Christmas so that they can plant it again for the next year? (Of course even without getting back the money!)

I know of some environmental associations doing that service in Italy, but I couldn´t find anything like that here in Munich...

Posted

My ex couldn't find any more christmas trees in Munich. Have any of you seen an open stands anywhere, hopefully on the east side of Munich? Help!

And yes, my ex is daft for waiting so long, but this is where we are now, and want to have a tree for our five year old.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Posted

Was a load on Orleansplatz ( Right in front of Ostbahnhof ) a few hours ago but don't know whether they will still be there now. :huh:

Posted

No idea...but they had them near the Wittelsbacherbrucke (on the Isar) for sale until now...

Posted

They were pratically giving them away, 5€, at Karstadt at Münchner Freiheit tonight.

The Xmas markets are open tomorrow till 2pm.

Posted

Great news...time for some more gratuitous Christmas shopping and a few sneaky FZB's...

Posted

@eurovol - that's good info... do you happen to know if they are open tomorrow?

EDIT: just checked the website, doesn't look like Karstadt is open, but maybe the tree stand?

Posted

If there is not one there (and no one else spots one for you) and you have a car, check out the little towns just outside Munich: Ismaning, Garching, Unterschleißheim and so forth. I am fairly certain a little place on the way to Unterschleißheim will be open tomorrow.

Posted

Sorry, Charlie. I just bought the last Christmas tree in Ismaning.

Posted

I have a fake tree here not being used this year ... if you want to borrow it.

Posted

For obvious reasons, the search is off for tonight. I cruised all the places around the villiage I live in (Vaterstetten) but no trees to be found.

But if anyone has any information about open tree stands tomorrow, it will be much appreciated. I will send the ex off to Ostbahnhof to have a look in the morning, then over to Schwabing.

And thanks to DDBug, I have a backup plan if all else fails. Thank God for the TT network of elves!

Posted

There are quite a few trees along the side of the road out your way. :ph34r:

Posted

I mentioned that to my ex, but he looked at me like I was an axe-wielding psycho (which, well, I was axe-wielding, ya know, to give him the idea...) Since we're not on the best of terms currently, he probably thought I looked a tad aggressive with said axe over my shoulder.

I also saw one lonely tree locked in a gate at the local Rewe, actually within grabbing distance. But the ex isn't one to 'walk on the wild side', so he poo-pooed my idea of 'borrowing' the tree.

Posted

You can never trust the 'ex' :unsure:

Posted

There are many tree stands dotted about Munich and the local villages.

Most will be throwing out their trees Tomorrow. So if the stands arn't open tomorrow feel free to "Borrow" from any of them...

Posted

Got a saw?

Aparently, certain forests it's ok to chop your own down! Alternatively, there's some out side our office!

Posted

So I found a tree! Right around the corner (figuratively speaking) in Haar. Sweet little old man sitting in his trailer having breakfast hooked me up with a beauty for cheap. So Christmas won't be a disaster after all. I was getting worried there, ready to dress up the ficus tree in the living room with lights and decorations.

Thanks for all the help!